Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Problem with CB Gallery Module Configuration

13 years 5 months ago #162323 by Cruisemaster
Problem with CB Gallery Module Configuration was created by Cruisemaster
I've been developing a new CB 1.4 site on Joomla 1.6.1. I have not upgraded to Joomla 1.6.2 or 1.6.3 yet.

My problem is that I cannot get into the configuration screen for the CB Gallery Module. Following the instructions of section 3.3 of the PDF manual, I go to the Joomla Extensions Module Manager and click on CB Gallery Module. I never get the module parameters shown in Figure 14. All I get is the standard Joomla modules Details and Menu Assignment sections of this page.

I keep thinking I'm missing something very simple, but I can think what. Other 3rd-party modules (e.g. uddeIM Notifier, Flexi Custom Code, etc) come up with additional parameters on the right side of the page. CB Gallery Module does not. Please help. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago #162352 by krileon
This is known issue, we're preparing a new release (sorry don't have release date) of the modules that is J1.6 compatible. Without some XML fixes you will not be able to see the parameters of the modules.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #162363 by Cruisemaster
Replied by Cruisemaster on topic Re: Problem with CB Gallery Module Configuration
Thank you for the rapid response. We're at a stage in our project where we might be able to move it to J1.5 without too much delay in our timeline.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #162365 by krileon
As a personal opinion I would skip Joomla 1.6.x all together and simply continue with Joomla 1.5.x. Joomla has shown a complete disregard for extension developers and backwards support; removing, changing, etc.. API at a whims notice and pushing as a stable release causing mass problems (as seen with 1.6.2).

Joomla 1.6.x can be viewed as a public Beta. It's great to tinker with and learn about, but would never use in a production environment. They have already announced its extremely short lifespan and Joomla 1.7.x will be replacing it (making it even more frustrating for developers). Several large extensions have also opted to not support 1.6.x at all making extension selection limiting at best.

At any rate we're working hard to continue J1.6.x support and any issues we find we'll resolve as quickly as possible. With the modules case it is a simple XML problem as J1.6.x is not backwards compatible with J1.5.x XML params structure (now pointlessly renamed to config).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by krileon.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 5 months ago #162384 by nant
FYI - CB Profile Gallery Package 1.2 (stable) just released for Advanced + Professional members.

Version has new module build that installs on Joomla 1.6 (and older Joomla versions) and addresses all known issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cruisemaster

Moderators: beatnantkrileon