Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Module not displaying on User lists

• cte2087
  • cte2087
13 years 3 months ago #168026 by cte2087
Module not displaying on User lists was created by cte2087
I have a dropping module that i want to appear on my 3 user lists that I have created. The only way i can get them to show is if I have them show on ALL menu items. Kyle/Nick...what am I missing on this one?

If I remove just one of the menu links from the list, the module does not show. Thoughts? Is it because of the list id? Could it be because the module is listed on a hidden menu? The menu is published, but in a position that is not viewable.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Also....is it possible to use a video plugin to publish a video in the description portion of the user list? (this option does not seem to be working)

Can I add a module above the user list? (this option does not seem to be working)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 3 months ago #168064 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Module not displaying on User lists

If I remove just one of the menu links from the list, the module does not show. Thoughts? Is it because of the list id? Could it be because the module is listed on a hidden menu? The menu is published, but in a position that is not viewable.

The only factory in determining module display is Itemid. In order for your userlists to have Itemids you need to create Joomla menu links to those lists. Once done you'll need to configure your modules to display on that menu link. The above depends on what Itemid CB and Joomls is giving you when navigating to your list. Please review the URL to ensure the menu link you set the module to display on matches the list you're viewing.

Also....is it possible to use a video plugin to publish a video in the description portion of the user list? (this option does not seem to be working)

CB has no video plugin. You can display a video using delimiter fields if you like.

Can I add a module above the user list? (this option does not seem to be working)

CB has absolutely nothing to do with modules. If your template supports a module position above the component content area then yes you could do this otherwise, no.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon