Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#2684] Can not edit User after CBSubs 1.2.2 update

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #170863 by edjec
After updating to CB Subs 1.2.2 I can no longer edit individual users under CB User Management. Bug?
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #170893 by krileon
Please be more specific. Why can't you edit users? Error? It does nothing? What exactly happens when trying to edit a user? How are you trying to edit a user? Clicking their name or clicking checkbox then Edit toolbar link? What Joomla version? What CB version?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
13 years 2 months ago #170899 by edjec
Joomla 1.5.23, CB 1.4, CBSubs 1.2.2

When clicking on the user name absolutely nothing happens. The only indication that a click was made is the browser address bar changes from index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showusers to index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showusers#edit.

Whereas on a server I had not updated yet (and does edit users) changes from index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showusers to index.php.

However, if using the checkbox and then the Edit button, a pop-up an Alert box displays: Please select an item from the list to edit. The box is checked.

This was working fine until I updated from CBS 1.2.1 to 1.2.2

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #170906 by krileon
Could not confirm your issue. Sounds as if a system plugin or custom admin template could be conflicting. Also possible a CB plugin is conflicting. Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #170984 by krileon
Was able to confirm your issue and have created a bug ticket to address with stable release of 1.7. It appears partially fixed in 1.7 RC, but the compressed version of CBs JS does not have the fix in 1.7 RC.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2684

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
13 years 2 months ago #171008 by edjec
When I was in the process of sending you a PM, I checked the function again and found that I could edit users. After I sent the PM, I was working with users a bit later and again could not use the edit feature. So it appears to be an intermittent issue, but I had not made any changes other than the update.

I have just taken this site live on a production server and I am hesitant to apply this update to the live site. Any advice?

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon