Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] GroupJive Kunena Forums integration | access ?

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #171072 by pepperstreet
Hello,
fiddling around with the vast amount of GroupJive parameters. I also managed to activate the Kunena integration, and respective groups were created, as soon as I created a new group in the frontend. Impressive ;-)

What I don´t know exactly... is the following scenario:

All GJ forums are created in a parent category... this can be a sub-category or even a new root forum, right? In my case I created a new root category in Kunena. i.e.:

1. Forum-for-All (with normal, pre-defined categories)
2. Forum-for-Groups (with GJ generated categories)

Is it possible to hide or restrict the Forum-for-Groups, so the normal 1.Forum users can´t write or even see the Groups content?

For example, if a GJ group and its content is for certain members, this should apply to the forum as well...

Do I miss(understand) the whole integration?
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #171107 by krileon

For example, if a GJ group and its content is for certain members, this should apply to the forum as well...

It does, the forum integration also controls access to those forums. Moderators aren't restricted. For example create a new group then login as a Registered user who is NOT in the group. Now attempt to navigate to or post to that groups forums and they should be denied access. Please also run Tools after setting up your Root forum in configuration as often hidden parameters need to be adjusted to ensure the top level forum is not visible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #171150 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: GroupJive Kunena Forums integration | access ?
[strike]Great, it seems to work now. I tried it again with another registered test user. I can´t even see the categories in the 2nd forum.
[/strike]
Ooops, i was to fast in my excitement. I tried it again with another test-ser2. Joined a group of user1. User1 activated user2. I logged in with user2 and can´t even see any group-forum category !?!?
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by pepperstreet.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon