Skip to Content Skip to Menu

problem with community builder user management

• tyrone1
  • tyrone1
13 years 2 months ago #171132 by tyrone1
Hello,

I have a little problem. I am using joomla 1.5, i have updated all of the CB add ons.

But now, when i go on the user management, this message appears "Direct Access to this location is not allowed." This is at the back end.

But also when clients are logged in and want to access their profile page the same message comes up.

Any help here please ?

Secondly, at the front end, when a client logs in, the login and register tabs on the menu still appear, what do i have to do to remove this once clients are logged in ?

Thank you very much for help

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 2 months ago #171133 by nant
The error you get typically means you have installed a plugin that needs joomla 1.5 legacy enabled.

You have to look at all plugins you installed (not the ones from joomlapolis) and see which one is causing the error.

• tyrone1
  • tyrone1
13 years 2 months ago #171149 by tyrone1
Hi
Thank you for that information, all i had to do was to turn on legacy mode.

But the problem is, i dont want clients to go to the communityy builder forum to login. I want the login to be in the main menu bar, but the problem is, once the client is logged in the "login" and "register" tab still shows. How do i get rid of this?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #171185 by krileon

But the problem is, i dont want clients to go to the communityy builder forum to login. I want the login to be in the main menu bar, but the problem is, once the client is logged in the "login" and "register" tab still shows. How do i get rid of this?

Joomla menu links aren't dynamic to a users access to that degree. You could set the Logout menu link to Registered access so only logged in users can see it, but there's no reverse for logged in. You'll need a template that supports a position for logged in and a position for not logged in.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon