Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Menu in CB Content module | load tab or manual ?

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #171151 by pepperstreet
First I thought it would be better to re-create the whole menu with all CB-URLs manually... but loading the menu-tab with substitutions was faster ;-) Otherwise, I would have overseen some dynamic actions like: report-this-user etc. Additional CB plugins add their links as well. What I don´t like about the loaded menu tab...:

- "Manage-Invites" displays on first position. I think, plugins should add their link at the end of the menu... ?
- "Remove Avatar" has no confirmation, i would like to remove this item completely.

Thats why I am thinking of re-creating all actions and URLs manually... with Substitutions. That gives total freedom, but more work. I guess, I collected almost any CB URL that I know of for now.

1.) Is it possible to have an overview about ALL important user actions? Also for Incubator or Subscriber-Plugins, if there any important ones?)

2.) How to re-create and fill the following URLs with the visited userID at XXXXXX?
SEND EMAIL
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=emailUser&uid=XXXXXX&Itemid=999

REPORT USER
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=92&task=reportUser&uid=XXXXXX

3.) Also found the following infos on your page "Substitutions usage", which seem to be a shortcut for some typical links?! You wrote:

URL - display a CB constructed URL (pre-defined)
[cb:url location="DESTINATION" /]
DESTINATIONs include: login, logout, registers, lostpassword, manageconnections, profile_view, profile_edit, list, itemid
[cb:url location="login" /]will display the login raw URL that can be included with HTML for example.
For list usage you must specify the parameter list="LIST_ID"; without it you'll be given the default userlist URL.

Sorry for asking the obvious. What means "included with HTML"? What means "list usage"? Should i use those shortcuts instead of my "real URLs"?
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #171182 by krileon

- "Manage-Invites" displays on first position. I think, plugins should add their link at the end of the menu... ?

CB Invites adds a menu link to the "Edit Profile" menu and that's where it places them.

- "Remove Avatar" has no confirmation, i would like to remove this item completely.

Link is generated through core files. Only way to remove it is with CSS as other means would require core edits.

1.) Is it possible to have an overview about ALL important user actions? Also for Incubator or Subscriber-Plugins, if there any important ones?)

Not really, that's a bit of a daunting task. You're welcome to inspect the elements on page using Firebug for Firefox to see what the URLs.

2.) How to re-create and fill the following URLs with the visited userID at XXXXXX?

Use the [user_id] substitution to substitute in the ID.

3.) Also found the following infos on your page "Substitutions usage", which seem to be a shortcut for some typical links?! You wrote:

Yes, CB 1.4 introduced some new substitution API to provide shortcut URL construction. It gives you the raw URL that you can add as the href in your HTML link. List usage is the userlist, you need to specify the list id if using such destination. Please re-read the section carefully.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #171223 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Menu in CB Content module | load tab or manual ?

krileon wrote:

CB Invites adds a menu link to the "Edit Profile" menu and that's where it places them.

Mmh, l am picky I know... ;-) The ordering looks strange to me. At least for the enduser. The menu should begin with visit/edit MyProfile.

Not really, that's a bit of a daunting task. You're welcome to inspect the elements on page using Firebug for Firefox to see what the URLs.

Yes ;-) almost done... Just want to be sure, that this is not an obsolete task for me... since the documentation seems to be almost complete, I was looking for some kind of confirmation.

Yes, CB 1.4 introduced some new substitution API to provide shortcut URL construction. It gives you the raw URL that you can add as the href in your HTML link. List usage is the userlist, you need to specify the list id if using such destination. Please re-read the section carefully.

Very useful. It shrinks and simplifies the CB URLs. Might come in handy.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by pepperstreet.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon