Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Error: Undefined index in plugin.class.php

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #171547 by edjec
CB 1.4, CBSubs 1.2.1, J 1.5.23

I logged on this morning to be greeted with this message on both the public profile and edit profile pages:

Notice: Undefined index: 529 in my.site/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php on line 573

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in my.site/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php on line 573

Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by edjec.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
13 years 2 months ago #171579 by edjec
Cancel - Found the problem; system error reporting was inadvertently turned on.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #171662 by krileon
Disabling error reporting won't solve your problem. It'll just suppress the display of the error. It seams you may have a core plugin disabled. Please ensure the CB default template, core plugin, and menu plugin are all published and public access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
13 years 2 months ago #171670 by edjec
I had already checked to make sure each of those items were set correctly and they were. I think this was totally my error in that the message displayed is Notice, not Error.

In the wee hours of the morning and with foggy brain, I must have set the Joomla Global Config Error Reporting to "Maximum". I don't know why I would have even touched it, but there's nobody else here to blame but me!

I apologize for the inconvenience, but as usual, thank you for your time and expertise.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #171697 by krileon

In the wee hours of the morning and with foggy brain, I must have set the Joomla Global Config Error Reporting to "Maximum". I don't know why I would have even touched it, but there's nobody else here to blame but me!

You're just suppressing something that exists and always will exist. This doesn't solve the underlying problem. You've still something configured incorrectly, not installed, or conflicting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #171706 by edjec
OK, then maybe my "Foggy Mental Breakdown" has a positive side.

I'm using Dark as the template and that as well as CB Core and Menu are all published/Public.

I'm not PHP literate, but this is the code from line 573 of plugin.class.php:
Code:
if ( $this->_plugins[$pluginid]->published || $ignorePublishedStatus ) { $pluginClassInstance =& $this->getInstanceOfPluginClass( $class, $pluginid ); if (method_exists( $pluginClassInstance, $method )) { $pluginClassInstance->_loadParams( $pluginid, $extraParams ); //BB1.2b7: really needed to have plugin row in tab and field classes called ??? element below should be enough: addVarsToClass($pluginClassInstance, $this->_plugins[$pluginid], array( 'params', 'classinstance' )); $pluginClassInstance->element = $this->_plugins[$pluginid]->element; // needed for _getPrefix for _getReqParam & co $savePreviousPluginId = $this->_loading; $this->_loading = $pluginid; $ret = call_user_func_array( array( &$pluginClassInstance, $method ), $args ); $this->_loading = $savePreviousPluginId; return $ret; } }

Is the comment a note for something that is still required that may be causing the problem or do I need to look elsewhere?

Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by edjec.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon