Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Promotions question

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #171661 by byrannewell
[SOLVED] Promotions question was created by byrannewell
I'd like to give my new members 3 months free. ALL my memberships are auto-recurring. How do I do this?

It seems that when I give a total discount for more than one month, ALL months after that take on that same discount.

And just to clarify, the "End date of validity of this promotion" section is when the promotion is no longer valid, correct? So if I had an end date of October 10th, and the promotion was 1 month free—the people who subscribed on October 9th would still get one month free, right? To wit, the COUPON CODE expires on October 10th, but the PROMOTION itself would still be valid (past the October 10th date as long as it was entered BEFORE the October 10th date).
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
13 years 2 months ago #171674 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Promotions question
A few words of explanation on how promos work:

- Promotions apply to orders (baskets).
- orders are stored separately of plans, including recurring amounts and timings and promotions applied.

- If you change a plan or a promotion after an order, it won't affect existing orders.

- A promotion can specify if a discount applies to all payments of the order, or only on the first or only on the auto-recurring ones (if they are used in the basket and if they happen).

- Promotions do add totalizers which give discounts, but do not allow to change directly the price or the duration of a plan. If you want to do that, you need to make a separate plan for the promotion and make it appear only for the users entitled to the promotion.

So your promotion start and stop dates will only affect the ordering dates when the promo is applicable, but existing orders with existing auto-recurring subscriptions will not be affected by the end date of the promotions, and as long as auto-recurrings are applied to orders the promotion conditions as applied at order time will remain applied.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 2 months ago #171724 by byrannewell
Replied by byrannewell on topic Re: Promotions question
Ah. The separate plan for the promotion with a three month subscription is what I will do. Many thankings.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon