Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Tab with several posts

• jansuhr
  • jansuhr
13 years 2 months ago #171860 by jansuhr
Tab with several posts was created by jansuhr
I am working on a site for a carclub and they want a sort of Garage for their members where they can show their cars. I was doing a try with some custom fields and that can work. But many of the members have more than one car so they must be able to add entries to their Garage tab.

The tab will have some fields with data and a image field.

It would look much like the Gallery plugin but with additional text fields. One easy thing would be if we could add custom fields to the Gallery plugin.

How can I do that? Is it possible? Can it be done with the Incubator plugins?

Jan

Jan Suhr
Nyköping, Sweden

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #171868 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Tab with several posts
Best approach would be to develop a new plugin from the ground up to provide what you're wanting.

Another approach is to use a Directory exenstion (check Joomla.org for those available) where users could easily place their cars. Some directory extensions provide CB integrations so directory entries will show on profile, if not it would be much simpler to develop then creating a new plugin from the ground up to provide this feature.

None of the incubator projects could assist with your needs. I also can not suggest core edits to team plugins, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon