Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Any General Wall Module?

• jacosky
  • jacosky
13 years 2 months ago #173362 by jacosky
Replied by jacosky on topic Re: Any General Wall Module?
Sorry...I think I'm lost here. What do you mean by 'the internal model?'.
I downloaded J Comments recently and I'm having issues integrating it into CB Blogs. It only works on articles written outside CB.

Please do you know how I can get to set this up to work with CB Blogs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #173428 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Any General Wall Module?

Sorry...I think I'm lost here. What do you mean by 'the internal model?'.

CB Blogs stores and displays its blog entries using Joomla content system, but only if you're not using "Internal" model (as configured in CB Blogs). If you're NOT using internal model then CB Blogs is NOT displaying the blog entries (Joomla is) and your issue is in regards to Joomla or JComments; you'd need to contact either/or for further support.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jacosky
  • jacosky
13 years 2 months ago #173458 by jacosky
Replied by jacosky on topic Re: Any General Wall Module?
Please Krileon, be patient with me. What should be the correct configuration to get users to comment on CB Blogs.
In my CB Blogs Internal system, I just set one category there(General); and then I have Blogs for the sections.

Please tell me what I'm not doing right.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #173513 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Any General Wall Module?
CB Blogs has no commenting, you need a Joomla extension such as JComments to provide commenting for Joomla articles. Once it is working for Joomla articles it will also work for CB Blogs if the model is NOT set to "Internal". Please review CB > Plugin Management > CB Blogs > Config; review the information next to each input carefully. Contact the developer of your comments extension for further support if commenting is not functional on Joomla articles.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon