Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#2734] Subscription Start Date

• LindaGLS
  • LindaGLS
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #173330 by LindaGLS
[#2734] Subscription Start Date was created by LindaGLS
Is there a way to create a starting DAY for a subscription? Our subscriptions run 7 days, but they are exact days, not 7 days from the time someone subscribes. They run Tuesday - Monday.

Subscriptions are auto-debit through Authorize.net and here's the scenario we are trying to prevent from happening:

Set Up: Users are subscribing to Organic Food Delivery. Delivery takes place on Thursdays, however, the cut off day for someone to place their first order or to upgrade their order is on Monday at midnight of the same week.

What we doesn't want to happen:

A new user starts a subscription on Wednesday, however their first delivery won't be until the following week Thursday. We don't want the customer paying their subscription ahead by 8 days...

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #173442 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Subscription Start Date
I believe this is possible by setting the duration for your plans on the pricing tab to "Today and Next 7 calendar days".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• LindaGLS
  • LindaGLS
13 years 2 months ago #174233 by LindaGLS
Replied by LindaGLS on topic Re: Subscription Start Date
Using Today and next 7 days, wouldn't we have to change the plan duration every day to make the start day always on a Tuesday?

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #174259 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Subscription Start Date
Unfortunately CBSubs has no such feature. I however have added a feature ticket for further review as is a very good idea.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LindaGLS

• LindaGLS
  • LindaGLS
13 years 2 months ago #174269 by LindaGLS
Super good! My client will be very happy to hear that it is being considered as a future feature.

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

• LindaGLS
  • LindaGLS
12 years 5 months ago #199800 by LindaGLS
Hi. I see a ton of improvements have been made on CBSubs. Congratulations! Was wondering if #2734 was ever added to allow for a specific start day of a subscription. I haven't seen that it was added but could have overlooked it.

If not, is it still on your radar? This feature is the only thing preventing my client from being able to use CBSubs successfully on their site since their subscriptions are for an actual service that runs Tuesday - Monday.

Linda Allen
Joomla Website Developer
www.greenlakestudio.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon