Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Ability to comment on wall posts

• kssulliv
  • kssulliv
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #174451 by kssulliv
I have a client who wants a wall feed like on facebook, I'm assuming ProfileBook should do the trick but I wanted to know for sure from those of you who are using it because I am currently running CB 1.4 so I will be upgrading to 1.7 but I have a lot of other joomla add ons that may stop working in the process so I wanted some feedback. My client wants to be able to see what all his friends (connections) have done/posted when he logs in without having to go to each connections wall and then he wants the ability to comment like on facebook on their posts. So if anyone could let me know if the profilebook add-ons can handle these two requests of his that would be great or if there is another add-on(s)I should be using. I have tried to research this but I'm just not finding a concrete answer. Thank you so much for your help!
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 1 month ago #174500 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Ability to comment on wall posts
Profile owners can reply to users wall posts by directly posting a new wall post or using the "Give Feedback" feature inside of a users post. Aside from that there's no commenting feature. There's also no activity feed to present to a user to see what all their friends have done, this is planned for CB 2.0. Being a professional subscriber you've access to profilebook. I recommend downloading and installing to see how it functions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kssulliv

• kssulliv
  • kssulliv
13 years 1 month ago #175248 by kssulliv
Replied by kssulliv on topic Re: Ability to comment on wall posts
Thank you for the info, do you have any idea when 2.0 will be released? This year? early next year?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #175290 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Ability to comment on wall posts

do you have any idea when 2.0 will be released? This year? early next year?

Not a clue am afraid. Our goal is to have something completed by end of this year.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by krileon.

• Madan
  • Madan
13 years 1 month ago #175347 by Madan
Replied by Madan on topic Re: Ability to comment on wall posts
Hi kssuliv!

Just want to give you a little tip regarding the function for commenting; I'm using J-comments for this. It's not awesome, a bit tricky for a "noob" like myself to configure, but free and it does what it says. I have had no problems with it on CB- and GJ pages.

You'll find it via www.joomla.org

Good luck!

/Daniel

Moderators: beatnantkrileon