Skip to Content Skip to Menu

GroupJive - Group Ordering

• waynejb
  • waynejb
13 years 1 month ago #175057 by waynejb
GroupJive - Group Ordering was created by waynejb
Where can we set or change the code to sort groups by group name?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 1 month ago #175166 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GroupJive - Group Ordering
Depends on what version you're using. If 2.4 then it also depends on where the groups are being called from, but by default in cbgroupjive.class.php or possibly component.cbgroupjive.php. Beyond this can't help you as we don't support core edits, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• waynejb
  • waynejb
13 years 1 month ago #175240 by waynejb
Replied by waynejb on topic Re: GroupJive - Group Ordering
We are not running 2.4 as of yet. I understand you position on the core changes but this seems really fundamental to me. I am no expert, and have a hard time following your coding style. A bit few more hints of help would be appreciated:) . We have been with CB and paying for some time.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 1 month ago #175289 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GroupJive - Group Ordering

We are not running 2.4 as of yet. I understand you position on the core changes but this seems really fundamental to me. I am no expert, and have a hard time following your coding style. A bit few more hints of help would be appreciated:) .

If on GJ 2.3 then the query is in component.cbgroupjive.php in the function showCategory. If GJ 2.4 then it's done through API in cbgroupjive.class.php.

We have been with CB and paying for some time.

And that's very appreciated, but I still can't advise you on how to break or alter my source code and later down the road if you have an issue and that is the cause then we'd have a problem. So to avoid issues like that we don't support core edits and am afraid you are on your own with that regard.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon