Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Apostrophe Problem

• drdehart
  • drdehart
13 years 1 month ago #176022 by drdehart
Apostrophe Problem was created by drdehart
We had a problem with a user that could not view certain elements on a page of our site. The error console said: "index.php:1Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <"

When we inspected the user's profile, we found an apostrophe in the CB address field. After removing the apostrophe, the missing element was once again visible. We are thinking it may be an interruption of a CB or CBSubs process, but not sure.

Might want to check that out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 1 month ago #176033 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Apostrophe Problem
CB Address Field? No such field exists unless you or something else created it. Could be a bit more specific? Was this a value of a field that a user input themselves? Was it a title or name of a field? Need more details to understand what happened.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• drdehart
  • drdehart
13 years 1 month ago #176044 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: Apostrophe Problem
It looks like this is a custom field we set up and named "address" - similar to "cb_address". I attached screen-shots from both field editors for clarity. The user inputs the value on the registration form, but only for certain CBSubs plans.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 1 month ago #176050 by krileon
Something installed would have created the "address" field. "cb_address" however appears created properly from Field Management. I am guessing the problematic field is "address"? In which case I recommend reviewing what installed could have created it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• drdehart
  • drdehart
13 years 1 month ago #176051 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: Apostrophe Problem
Why do you think something installed created the "address" field? Could it not have been created manually through the CB Field manager?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 1 month ago #176054 by krileon
Fields can't be created through Field Management without the "cb_" prefix. It would've had to been installed by a 3rd party plugin or added/edited directly through database. Is your "cb_address" field causing the same problems?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon