Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Users Receiving Posting Notifications

• drdehart
  • drdehart
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #178536 by drdehart
We are using Kunena 1.6.3 along with CB GroupJive 2.3 and have [at least] one user that is receiving notifications of postings to topics for which she is not subscribed - she is a member of a group and the notifications are all from that group's postings, but she is only subscribed to one topic and receiving notifications of postings from all topics. She is also not a forum moderator. Can you suggest how we troubleshoot this?
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #178594 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Users Receiving Posting Notifications
Please upgrade to GJ 2.4 where several forum issues have been addressed and improved. What do you mean by all topics? All topics in that group or all topics from all group forums? If all topics in that group then she likely subscribed to the entire category. She'd need to click the unsubscribe button in the groups froums at the top in Kunena. She should not be a moderator unless she's the group owner.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: drdehart

• drdehart
  • drdehart
13 years 2 weeks ago #178602 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: Users Receiving Posting Notifications

Please upgrade to GJ 2.4 where several forum issues have been addressed and improved.

- We will upgrade as soon as possible; some of the changes in GJ2.4 have required us to update our custom plug-ins, then there's the testing ..... we're working on it, though.

What do you mean by all topics?

- All topics in that group.

If all topics in that group then she likely subscribed to the entire category.

- We checked her subscriptions in the Kunena back-end and she is only subscribed to a single topic. Unless there is a bug in Kunena that would cause a category subscription to not show up on the back-end. We will investigate that angle.

• drdehart
  • drdehart
13 years 2 weeks ago #178607 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: Users Receiving Posting Notifications
That was it! Kunena has a separate tab for Category Subscriptions and we now see she is subscribed to the category. Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon