Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Error trying to post in Kunena

• baffman
  • baffman
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #179139 by baffman
Error trying to post in Kunena was created by baffman
We are using Kunena and GroupJive. Occasionally when trying to submit a post in Kunena the user gets this error:

When this happens, the text box on the Kunena screen is highlighted. The text which the user tried to enter is lost and cannot be retrieved.

I wondered if the problem might be due to a problem with the character set, or with some character sequence being misinterpreted by Kunena as a code. Sometimes the user may have been trying to paste something in from another webpage. However, it has also happened when all the text has been typed directly into the Kunena page.

The forum is on a restricted part of our site, so unfortunately I am unable to demonstrate.

Any ideas? Our set up:

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CB Subs 1.2.2
CB GroupJive 2.4
Kunena 1.7

Browser: Firefox.
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by baffman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 1 week ago #179150 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Error trying to post in Kunena
GJ only affects access permissions and has no barring on the post it self. To confirm conflict isn't present please disable GJs forum integration and re-test. I recommend posting to Kunena forums for further support. I've let them know of this thread however as it could be a bug from either side (will better know once confirmed by disabling forum integration).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: baffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon