Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Automatically allocating to a list

13 years 1 week ago #179481 by bradley568
Automatically allocating to a list was created by bradley568
OK, I'm fairly new to the CB community so I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, but I couldn't find it. I'll out line my problem and hopefully someone can point me in the correct direction.

I have 3 types of users that I want to register on my site. Supporters, Mens Team and Youth Team. During registration I want them to be able to select the type of user they are and this will then display different fields. I have managed to get this working using the CB Conditional plugin.

I am also using jNews to add people to Newsletters but there doesn't seem to be anyway to automatically display the newsletters while they are registering. My question here is, can I automatically assign users to a specific Newsletter based on the List that they select?

Also, how do I display the Lists that I create in CB so that the user can select them? At the moment I can only do this by creating a drop-down box for them to choose Supporter, Mens Team or Youth Team. Based on their choice I can then display certain fields but I'd like to be able to show the correct List from CB and then based on this choice, automatically add them to the newsletter.

Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 1 week ago #179483 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Automatically allocating to a list
I am pretty sure AcyMailing newsletter has such a feature.

Please check with there website to make sure.

Also please note that your profile page on Joomlapolis has a special discount coupon for this extension (if it is something you want of course).

I would ask the jNews team if they also have such a feature.

13 years 1 week ago #179502 by bradley568
Replied by bradley568 on topic Re: Automatically allocating to a list
OK, that may be something worth looking at.

What about displaying the Lists that I create in CB? How do I show the lists in a drop down box during registration because I'd like to do this so that they select the correct List.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 1 week ago #179506 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Automatically allocating to a list
If by list you mean CB User list, then you can just create a new CB drop-down field with the list values you want. Then create 3 CB User lists each one filtered against the appropriate CB dropdown field value (see CB Documentation on CB Fields and CB User Lists).

If by list you mean newsletter list, then you need to see if your newsletter extension has an appropriate CB integration (AcyMailing does I believe).

13 years 1 week ago #179514 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Automatically allocating to a list
jNews integration is possible on CB registration, i assume you know the options of that plugin.
It does support a dynamic display, and does not allow you to assign a user assignment based on CB field values.

A workaround could be...
Investigate the jNews database and how it handles the assignment. What is created... which fields and IDs etc.
With this information, you could use some Incubator-projects to create and trigger the right SQL-query.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon