Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] GJ Login

• drdehart
  • drdehart
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 4 days ago #179543 by drdehart
[SOLVED] GJ Login was created by drdehart
We would like to be able to be able to direct people to a public group page and then allow them to login without leaving the group (or automatically redirected back to the group page after logging in). We don't think the CB login module would work because the redirection url would depend on the group they were viewing.

Can you suggest a method?
Last edit: 13 years 4 days ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 days ago #179647 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ Login
CB Login module without a login redirect URL will work just fine assuming it's displayed on the same page as the group.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• drdehart
  • drdehart
13 years 5 days ago #179676 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: GJ Login
I tried that (published the module on the GJ page), but for some reason even though I cleared the re-direction url, we are still redirected to the CB Profile page upon login. We have 2 CB login modules published, and cleared the re-direction url field in both.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 5 days ago #179692 by krileon
Then something else is redirecting. For example maybe CB Redirect or CB Auto Actions has a redirect setup?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• drdehart
  • drdehart
13 years 5 days ago - 13 years 5 days ago #179727 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: GJ Login
You're right, it was CBsubs. But we cleared the CBsubs redirection field for the plan and now the user is redirected to the site's index page after log-in. Does that sound right? We want them to stay on the same page.

Also on logout they are redirected to the index page; when we clear that field in the CB Login module, it just re-populates it with index.php when we Save the module.
Last edit: 13 years 5 days ago by drdehart.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 4 days ago #179773 by krileon
The logout redirect must have a redirect, as for redirecting to homepage on login again something has a redirect configured resulting in this. If you're viewing a group page and are not logged in and then login with no redirects specified you should refresh to that same page. This assumes something isn't installed and configured to redirect. Joomla 1.7 for example has its own redirect extension that could cause this.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon