Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Change user level moderators alter functions of GJ

• matteo707
  • matteo707
13 years 5 days ago #179725 by matteo707
Hello,

Following my wish to have members of my website, to be able of sharing files together I have added Group Jive to the site.

I have noticed, that when I changed the moderator level of users in CB, functions in GroupJive would appear and disappear.

I want members to be able to add a file, but not to be able to delete groups at the same time.

Right now, user level of moderators is at public level and members can now add a file and also delete the group and its content. If I change the moderator's user level to Superadmin, my regular members can no longer add files and delete a group.

What are the settings to use, to be able for users to only add videos, photos and files, without being able to delete groups that they join?

I beleive this may be a very basic question, but I just can't see how to solve this issue.

Interestingly, users were able to add an event but not to add a file, when moderator's super level was at Superadmin.

Thanks in advance for your response,

Matteo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 4 days ago #179771 by krileon
Moderators are exempt from many limitations. Users can add files to groups by simply joining that group and you can determine what type of members in that group can upload the files by editing the group and adjusting its upload permission for the file integration. You should not make every user of your site a moderator, this should be set to backend users like super administrations only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• matteo707
  • matteo707
13 years 4 days ago #179826 by matteo707
I see! Thanks for the answer.

I understand that permissions of uploading files can be chosen in the administration of groups in the backend or when the group is created in the front end (or backend).

How can I change the default level of users who has ability to upload files?

Instead of moderators, I would like it to be users (For example: Events can be created by users by default, but not Files nor Photo). PLease have a look at the attached .

PNG document.

Is there a way to avoid asking some questions in the creation of groups or categories and impose a choice by default?

For example, I would like to have notifications to be always sent when someone joins a group.

Thank you for your response.

Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 4 days ago #179835 by krileon

How can I change the default level of users who has ability to upload files?

Ensure you're using GJ 2.4 then navigate to GJ > Config > Groups > Defaults. From there you can change the default values of the group it self and actually enable/disable parameters. The same can be said for integrations when navigating to GJ > Config > Integrations > PLUGIN > Defaults.

Is there a way to avoid asking some questions in the creation of groups or categories and impose a choice by default?

Yes, please see my reply to your first question as is configured in the same place.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon