Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Data not viewable from front side tabs

• rklein
  • rklein
13 years 4 days ago #179763 by rklein
I have created tabs which members must upgrade their account to be able to edit. However, I want them to be only turned on on the front side when they are upgraded and viewable by anyone visiting the site. But only editable by the the user if they have upgraded to use them. I think I have everything set up correct for the user, but may have missed something on the visitor settings. Can you help? The site is www.ed-link.net and I think it may be one of the most detailed sites I have seen using community builder and really showcases the power CB and CBSubs has.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 4 days ago #179781 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Data not viewable from front side tabs
If I understand correctly you're using CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection integration. What you'll need to do is protect the tab based off the owners subscription. Example configuration as follows.

A. Tab availability by Owner's Subscriptions: Yes, CB subs control detailed tab access
Owner Plans controlling tab available in profile: Plan 1
Still Available for Profile Owner himself: No: profile owner himself is also restricted
Owner plans controlling tab editable (none means not controlled): Plan 1
Still Visible for Moderators: No: moderators can see tab
Still Editable for Moderators: No: moderators can edit tab

B. Tab visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions: No, Normal CB settings

The above requires the profile owner to have "Plan 1" for him to edit the tab and for the tab to be visible on his profile to everyone else. Viewer access isn't restricted.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• rklein
  • rklein
13 years 3 days ago #179920 by rklein
Replied by rklein on topic Re: Data not viewable from front side tabs
OK... I have those settings I believe.

But It seems to throw me back to force someone to subscribe to have access to data. Is there a setting somewhere else that may be restricting this?

You can go to the site at www.ed-link.net/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=63&Itemid=108 which is my profile page. I have a PRO Subscription. I have data and items on all the tabs.

I can update and edit all of the tabs when logged in. But (for example), when you click on my News & Press Tab and try to click on my articles... it takes you to the "You must subscribe to have access to this information".

Hmmmmm..... dumfounded. Any help is appreciated.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 3 days ago #179951 by krileon
It's working as intended as it's doing exactly as you've configured it. You've configured the tab to be editable and display if the profile owner has 1 of the 2 plans, which is exactly what it's doing.

I can update and edit all of the tabs when logged in. But (for example), when you click on my News & Press Tab and try to click on my articles... it takes you to the "You must subscribe to have access to this information".

This has nothing to do with the tabs protection. You've protected the article, its category, or its section using CBSubs Content or by setting the article, its category, or its section to not allow public access through normal Joomla ACL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• rklein
  • rklein
13 years 3 days ago - 13 years 2 days ago #180038 by rklein
Replied by rklein on topic Re: Data not viewable from front side tabs
I checked that also.... but all of my tabs when you click on each one do not show up publicly. That leads me to think there is something else protecting them from not being seen. Just go to my profile at

ed-link.net/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=63

and try to click on any of the tabs and view content. Doesn't show.

When I logged into my backside to check the global setting of the General Subs plugin it showed that warning (above) and then it went away. Does that mean anything that would be affecting this.

My guy that has been looking at this also writes....

I changed settings for plan "PRO" like on picture, but if you remove that restriction from plan, then it wont work for registered users. I think you are stuck. there is no more you can do. it works for users and visitors both

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 2 days ago by rklein. Reason: Add Photo

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 days ago #180089 by krileon

I checked that also.... but all of my tabs when you click on each one do not show up publicly. That leads me to think there is something else protecting them from not being seen. Just go to my profile at

I can see your tabs perfectly fine without being logged.

img850.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=abouttab.png

and try to click on any of the tabs and view content. Doesn't show.

All of them show perfectly fine for me. Please see the attached.

When I logged into my backside to check the global setting of the General Subs plugin it showed that warning (above) and then it went away. Does that mean anything that would be affecting this.

No, it's a warning seen when you don't allow subscriptions for free lifetime plans and don't allow users to register without a plan. JS loads after the page finishes loading so the warning will flash for a split second until the conditional can be executed to hide it if necessary.

I changed settings for plan "PRO" like on picture, but if you remove that restriction from plan, then it wont work for registered users. I think you are stuck. there is no more you can do. it works for users and visitors both

I've provided the exact working configuration based off your request. It will show/hide the profile view and profile edit of a tab based off the profile owners subscription. It does not matter who or what subscription the viewing user has.

Don't know what more to advise without seeing exactly what you're seeing, please take screenshots of your issue exactly.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon