Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Data not viewable from front side tabs

• rklein
  • rklein
13 years 2 days ago #180103 by rklein
Replied by rklein on topic Re: Data not viewable from front side tabs
No... I know you can see the tabs.... but click on a tab and try to view the information... for example... click on the Digital Documents tab. It shows fine... but when you click on one of the documents... it says as a visitor that I can not access it and have to subscribe. Visitors should be able to access the documents without subscribing. I just cant find the area that restricts this. One guy said it was because of this....

But I do not know. Does that make sense? It's the same on the Video tabs and others. The only one working correctly is the New & Press Tab from the visitors viewpoint. As a visitor, you click on the tab... click on the story and it pulls up and doesn't send you to a "You must subscribe" section.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 days ago - 13 years 2 days ago #180113 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Data not viewable from front side tabs

But I do not know. Does that make sense? It's the same on the Video tabs and others. The only one working correctly is the New & Press Tab from the visitors viewpoint. As a visitor, you click on the tab... click on the story and it pulls up and doesn't send you to a "You must subscribe" section.

CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection has nothing to do with the destination of the contents of the tabs. You're clicking a link to another extension or another page that is being protected by CBSubs or requires different ACL permissions to access it. You need to review your install or plans setup to see what you're protecting exactly.

For example if your documents tab is based off Docman then no one will ever be able to download those documents without an active subscription to that plan because you're protecting the entire component. The same can be said for Articles because you're protecting the entire Content extension.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 13 years 2 days ago by krileon.

• rklein
  • rklein
13 years 2 days ago #180141 by rklein
Replied by rklein on topic Re: Data not viewable from front side tabs
Here is what I need the tabs to do. This hasn’t changed. I have three levels of upgrades. Free, Starter and PRO.

1) Bottom tabs only appear and are editable by the owner if they upgrade.
2) Bottom Tabs are accessible to view and open content in the tabs no matter what. No subscription needed.
3) Don’t need to suppress components because if they don’t upgrade they won’t be visable anyway.

For example:
Free members get just the profile and organizational logos on profile.

Starter members get About us tab and Site-Location Data tab turned on. Only they can access and edit. All public visitors can view what they put on those without a subscription or registering.

PRO members get all the tabs. Only they can access and edit. All public visitors can view what they put on those without a subscription or registering.

So is this setup possible. I know it has to be... I think I just configured something wrong. Thank you for your patience and help!

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 1 day ago #180202 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Data not viewable from front side tabs

1) Bottom tabs only appear and are editable by the owner if they upgrade.
2) Bottom Tabs are accessible to view and open content in the tabs no matter what. No subscription needed.

I've already provided this to you.

3) Don’t need to suppress components because if they don’t upgrade they won’t be visable anyway.

You protected the components with your plans, you need to reconfigure your plans and stop protecting entire extensions. For example in your last screenshot you have "Content Manager", "ContentSubmit", "DOCman", and "EventList" all protected. This means absolutely no one can access those extensions in any way unless they are subscribed to that plan. Giving access to a tab does not spontaneously give access to all components that have URLs inside of that tab (that's impossible!).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon