Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Trying to create groups with certain acces levels

13 years 4 days ago - 13 years 2 days ago #179770 by rarigtering
Hello,

I'm trying to create user groups who have control over everthing under them. For example:
Head union:(100% rights to do everything)
- Union A:(rights to do everything in his union and below)
- - Sub-union A:(rights to do everything in his sub-union and below)
- - - Kate:(only rights to edit his own)
- - - John:(only rights to edit his own)
- - Sub-union B:(rights to do everything in his sub-union and below)
- - - Ashley:(only rights to edit his own)
- - - Jan:(only rights to edit his own)
- Union B:(rights to do everything in his union and below)
- - Sub-union A:(rights to do everything in his sub-union and
below(eventhough this is the same Sub-union, he shouldnt be able to edit
anything in: Union A's Sub-union A)
- - - Will:(only rights to edit his own)
- - - Jake:(only rights to edit his own)
- - Sub-union B:(rights to do everything in his sub-union and below
(eventhough this is the same Sub-union, he shouldnt be able to edit
anything in: Union B's Sub-union b)
- - - Nina:(only rights to edit his own)
- - - Paul:(only rights to edit his own)

How will i be able to do so? I've been trying for some time now but cant figure it out, that is, if it's even posible.

Thank you in advance

Mike
Last edit: 13 years 2 days ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 4 days ago #179825 by krileon
Joomla ACL doesn't work like that, it works in reverse. Example as follows

Users
- Registered
- - Author
- - - Publisher

In the above "Publisher" can access everything that "Author", and "Registered" can, but "Author" can only access everything that "Registered" can.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 days ago #179880 by rarigtering
Thank you for the fast reply!

Perhaps I could have phrased it better. Im working in Community builder(I forgot to mention that). I'm familiar with the standard Joomla ACL and I would like to build a website where people are, for example head of 1 section on the website(as above, I called it: Unions, Sub-Unions). This is posible with the standard Joomla ACL, but i believe community builder does the same thing, but only better/easier to work with(though I didn't figure out how). I also added Groupjive as a plugin to CB because I thought this would add the features I desired.
Am I correct about this, and if so, how will I be able to achieve that.

Thank you again.

Mike

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 3 days ago #179936 by krileon
CB has no ACL, it simply allows you to assign users to Joomla ACL. With release of CB 2.0 we've plans to implement better permissions controls. GJ is not an ACL extension, it is groups for users to collaborate together same in that groups on Facebook are just to bring users with similar interests together. What you're wanting can't be done without some form of strange structuring due to the ACL working in the reverse of what you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 days ago #180061 by rarigtering
Ok, thank you for this clarification!

Mike

Moderators: beatnantkrileon