Skip to Content Skip to Menu

UDDEIM User Group/CB Subs Plan functionality

• raniko
  • raniko
13 years 4 days ago #179801 by raniko
Hi. I just installed and configured UDDEIM Private Message System. I'm currently using CB 1.7 and CB Subs 1.2.2 as well (and joomla 1.7). I was wondering if there is any way within UDDEIM to control which user groups and/or which cb subs plans can message each other? For example, if I had user groups of Teachers and Students and I wanted teachers to be able to message other teachers and students, but wanted students to only message teachers, can this be accomplished? Or is this better controlled by use of CB tabs/fields protection? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 4 days ago #179806 by krileon
Well it depends on how extensive you want the controlling to be. You can protect access to the UddeIM by a plan (Extensions integration tab of your plans with CBSubs Content installed), sure, but you can't protect who the recipient is based off a plan that I am aware of.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• raniko
  • raniko
13 years 4 days ago #179808 by raniko
Yeah, I'm playing around with content/extensions integrations now. I see that its going to be difficult to accomplish the desired effect of controlling whom people can contact through IM/Email/Connections without restricting viewing access to them entirely.

If I use list control functionality,I can just not provide users of certain plans access to lists of members that they cant connect with, but then they lose the ability to see those profiles entirely.

If I use the content/extensions integrations then it doesn't seem that I can protect who the recipient is (as you mentioned).. still playing with this though.

I haven't yet tried removing all menu items and inbox modules from the users profiles and just using the private message link add on for UDDEIM in conjunction with the tab protect functionality... Thinking that may work, but its going to get complicated.

If you can poke a hole in that last theory please do so. It will save me hrs of trial and error I'm sure.

Thanks.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 4 days ago #179828 by krileon
Hmm, you could use the Quick Message tab and use CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection to protect who can use it then in UddeIM disable the compose tab so they can only read/reply to existing messages and not write new ones in UddeIM and in order to write new ones they'd have to use the Quick Message tab if they've access to it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon