Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User profile details in articles ?

• sniperweb
  • sniperweb
12 years 11 months ago #180542 by sniperweb
Replied by sniperweb on topic Re: User profile details in articles ?
I tried

[name] or [username] or another fields of I added.

But nothing....

I couldn't understand it. How can I chose which user for showing. bekirsontay is my active users username, I want to show bekirsontay's picture or username in an article.

please visit the page again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #180555 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: User profile details in articles ?
A plain substitution of [fieldname] renders the viewing users substitution. Which means if I logged in as "testuser" then it would show information from "testuser". Again, please review tutorials within my signature for substitution usage information. This and more is explained there. It also explains the substitution parameters and how to render a substitution from another user using the user="" parameter. If the field you're trying to render isn't visible on profile for example then it also won't show. I can't view your site as it doesn't load, it timesout (extremely slow).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by krileon.

• sniperweb
  • sniperweb
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #180596 by sniperweb
Thank you for your help.

Your substitution usage page is very usefull. And this tutorial is enough for me. But I think, my cbcontentbot not working correctly

I want to use in articles, it show only I wroted text in articles,
but when I use mod_cbcontent module, it show correct informations

Please review the screenshot link, it shows correct result in module at right sidebar, but it shows codes in article

screenshot
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sniperweb.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 11 months ago #180601 by krileon
Your substitution is not correct for CB Content Bot, the projects description and the plugins description all explain you must surround with {cb:}. Your substitutions should be structured as follows for example.

{cb:[username]}

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sniperweb
  • sniperweb
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #180610 by sniperweb
Thank you kyle,

It worked. I couldn't see the description.

I tried some type but I cant find detailed

can you give an example for following :):blush:
[cb:userdata field="name" user="44" /].

I promise, this is my last post about this topic
:)
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sniperweb.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #180689 by krileon
The same applies to the above, you need to surround it with {cb:}. All substitutions used in an article with the assistance of CB Content Bot must have it for a substitution to function. It allows the plugin to parse through your article and determine what's a substitution or not (might be bad if we just assumed all [text] were substitutions).

{cb:[cb:userdata field="name" user="44" /]}

I promise, this is my last post about this topic

No worries. We're here to help. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon