Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Email Confirmation

• sinpa
  • sinpa
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #180534 by sinpa
[SOLVED] Email Confirmation was created by sinpa
when a user clicks the link to confirm the email to finish registration process: http://localhost/mysite/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=confirm&confirmcode=regXXXX, the link redirect to default template of my site .

I need this link redirect to a different template. how can I do this?
please help me!
I searched everywhere, but i couldn´t find the info.
Thanks!

(joomla 1,7 - cb 1,7)
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 11 months ago #180556 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Email Confirmation
An Itemid isn't appended to the link so it's not possible to assign a template to it and thus will use the default template. I suppose you could use incubator project CB Auto Actions with a redirect action on the after confirmation trigger to redirect the user to whatever page you like (including having an Itemid).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sinpa
  • sinpa
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #180594 by sinpa
Replied by sinpa on topic Re: Email Confirmation
cb auto actions is a very interesting plugin (I didn't know this plugin, but I´m sure I will use it more than once) I could solve my need!, thanks!.
The only problem I found is that if the user clicks again the email link , the auto actions doesn`t work because the user has confirmed already.

other way I solved this is by including php code in index.php template:

defined('_JEXEC') or die;
$app = JFactory::getApplication();

if (isset($_GET) && isset($_GET) && isset($_GET))
{
header ("Location: www.mysite.com/confirm ");}

//redirects to a welcome single article

I think cb auto actions is a better way to do it, so the index.php remains with a clean code.

Muchas gracias krileon :-)!
Marcelo
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sinpa.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 11 months ago #180600 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Email Confirmation

The only problem I found is that if the user clicks again the email link , the auto actions doesn`t work because the user has confirmed already.

There's no trigger for such a scenario, but it seams fine to display the message and leave it as is. You can also customize the message by editing its language string within CBs language files.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sinpa
  • sinpa
12 years 11 months ago #180604 by sinpa
Replied by sinpa on topic Re: Email Confirmation
yes, that´s good.
Thank you!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon