Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Templates: Assigning profile templates to plans

• raniko
  • raniko
12 years 11 months ago #180678 by raniko
Is it possible to assign different profile templates to different plans? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 11 months ago #180706 by krileon
Suppose you could use incubator project CB Template Changer then change the template fields value using CBSubs Fields. Ensure the field is set to read only so the user can't change it themselves.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• raniko
  • raniko
12 years 11 months ago #180735 by raniko
Ahhhh right. That makes sense. Thank you. If I decide to create templates for different user groups/plans and make the information (tabs/fields) in them static (meaning that only specific would appear in each template, not all tabs/fields as the CB default works) do you think I would still be able to use the tab/field protection or would this require extensive hacking?

The use case is that I want to narrow down what appears on each groups profile to minimize the complexity of my current field/tabs protection. So, lets say I have 15 tabs, 5 for each of 3 user groups. I would create 3 separate templates each of which would have their 5 tabs positioned and styled appropriately. From there, I would like to limit further the fields/tabs visibility depending on the plan/group (ex: group 2 can see tabs 1-4 on group 1s profile, and group 3 can see tabs 4-5 on group 1s profile.) My hunch is that the fields/tabs protection doesn't care how the template is configured and will continue to function appropriately but I figured I'd get your take before I'm in it knee deep.

Thanks again.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #180738 by krileon
Fields/Tabs aren't specific to a template. I suppose you could opt to exclude a whole tab position from your templates PHP file and that would sort of give what you're wanting.

It would be best to protect tab/field visibility with CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection based off the profile owner that way their profile changes based off their subscription without the need of editing template PHP files or anything of the sort. CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection doesn't care how the template is designed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon