Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#3002] Editing Profiles

• buyalong
  • buyalong
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #181669 by buyalong
[#3002] Editing Profiles was created by buyalong
When trying to edit Contact info in user profiles I am receiving a required fields warning for required fields in other tabs. I have to disable the tabs to complete the edit.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 11 months ago #181689 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Editing Profiles
is there a question here?

is this frontend editing or backend?
What version of CB?
What version of Joomla?

• buyalong
  • buyalong
12 years 11 months ago #182769 by buyalong
Replied by buyalong on topic Re: Editing Profiles
The question is why am I receiving required field warning for required field on tabs that I am not working in? For instance; when editing contact info on the backend, when I click on save, I get warnings from my Advertiser Registration tab that required fields have not been completed.

I have your latest version of cb and joomla 1.5

• nant
  • nant
12 years 11 months ago #182770 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Editing Profiles

buyalong wrote: The question is why am I receiving required field warning for required field on tabs that I am not working in? For instance; when editing contact info on the backend, when I click on save, I get warnings from my Advertiser Registration tab that required fields have not been completed.

I have your latest version of cb and joomla 1.5

When you edit a profile and click save you are saving the entire profile, not just a specific tab.

So all required fields need to be populated.

This happens both on frontend and backend.

There is a backend setting in CB Configuration parameter 'Fields validation in Admin' in the User profile tab that can be modified to prevent this during backend user profile editing.

This is also described in the documentation.

• chrisjclay
  • chrisjclay
  • Add-ons
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #182831 by chrisjclay
Replied by chrisjclay on topic Re: Editing Profiles

nant wrote: There is a backend setting in CB Configuration parameter 'Fields validation in Admin' in the User profile tab that can be modified to prevent this during backend user profile editing.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for pointing out that admin setting; I tried to fill in one field for a member in the back end and was prompted to fill in all kinds of required business-related fields which were hidden on the registration form because he was a personal user. However, I'm still having trouble with one field, the Middle Name field. Even though the "required" flag disappeared when I set "Fields validation in Admin" to "No", I still can't save a profile now without adding a middle name. Any ideas?

I'm actually using the middle name field for the commercial version of the registration form. It's hidden on the personal version (they fill out first and last name fields) but it displays and is required on the business version (I renamed the label to say "Business Name" instead of "Middle Name." Then when a Joomla user account is created the Name field is populated using first and last names if it's a personal user and the middle name field if it's a commercial user. It works perfectly - the names are all stored properly whether it's a personal or business name.

This is the only hiccup in the process. Any idea why middle name is still required even though "Fields Validation in Admin" is set to "No" and the "required" flag isn't beside the field? See attached screen captures.

Cheers,
Chris

Clay & Co.
www.clayco.ca/
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by chrisjclay.

• chrisjclay
  • chrisjclay
  • Add-ons
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #182832 by chrisjclay
Replied by chrisjclay on topic Re: Editing Profiles
Another screenshot attached, showing "Business Name" (actually middle name) isn't required under the current admin settings.

Clay & Co.
www.clayco.ca/
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by chrisjclay.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon