Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Forum

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #182017 by manucausse
CB Forum was created by manucausse
Hello,

Plugin CB Forum :
Is there a way to choose how many posts have to be shown on the profile tab ? (example : I want to show the last 5 posts only)

Thanks

Manu
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by manucausse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 11 months ago #182092 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Forum
Not forced, no, but you can use the display drop-down to the left of the search box to set how many of what you want to show per page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #182474 by manucausse
Replied by manucausse on topic Re: CB Forum
Thank you.
But if I don't want to show the drop-down, is there a way to assign a static value (like 5 posts).
Due to my template, I want to print only 5 posts and hiding the drop-down list.
I hope my explanations are understandable (sorry I'am french).. :sick:

+++

• nant
  • nant
12 years 11 months ago #182513 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB Forum

manucausse wrote: Thank you.
But if I don't want to show the drop-down, is there a way to assign a static value (like 5 posts).
Due to my template, I want to print only 5 posts and hiding the drop-down list.
I hope my explanations are understandable (sorry I'am french).. :sick:

+++

Marked for Kyle's response - please be patient Kyle is on much needed time off and he is the best person to address.

I would guess you can study the plugin code and make your own modifications.

12 years 11 months ago #182522 by manucausse
Replied by manucausse on topic Re: CB Forum
Thank you Nant ! :)
I have already tried to have a look in the code... But...
Oh my god ! It's too much complicate for my knowledges.
There is probably something to do to make the limit static.
Maybe, it's nothing...

I hope Kyle would have an idea !!

++

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 11 months ago #182951 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Forum

Unfortunately not without making core edits as this is not yet implemented (planned). Below core edit should help provide how to implement it, but I can't recall if it's currently bugged or not in current release.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbforums/models/YOURMODEL.php
ON: Line 35
FROM
Code:
$limit = $paging->getlimit( 15 );
TO
Code:
$limit = $paging->getlimit( 5 );

Favorites and subscriptions already default to 5. Next release will let you set the default from backend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon