Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Ioncube configuration/installation - shared server

• austega
  • austega
12 years 11 months ago #182868 by austega
I have just restored, using Akeeba backup and kickstart, a working Joomla 1.5.25 site with CB 1.4 and CB Subs 1.2.1 from one shared Linux host environment to another.

The new site ( 122.201.72.145/~austega/ still at pre-IP stage) is displaying the error:

Paid Subscriptions bot cbpaidsubsbot detected that the required free ionCube loader for your server type and php version is not installed. Please contact your hoster to install it for you, or visit ionCube free downloads page of ionCube loaders for the loader and instructions.

The target server does have IonCube installed. The server version information is as follows:

PHP 5.3.6 (cgi-fcgi) (built: Oct 24 2011 19:13:32)
Copyright (c) 1997-2011 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2011 Zend Technologies
with eAccelerator v0.9.6.1, Copyright (c) 2004-2010 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.0.9, Copyright (c) 2002-2011, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2010, by Zend Technologies

My suspicion is that in restoring the site from one server to another, the site is looking in the wrong place/at the wrong IonCube loaders (previous server was PHP 5.2.17) with this instruction coming over from the old server.

Can you advise whether you think this is the right diagnosis, and if so tell me how to help CB Subs look where it should be looking?

Thanks - David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 11 months ago #182874 by nant
if you use the ioncube tester on the new environment does it also detect loaders?

• austega
  • austega
12 years 11 months ago #182882 by austega
I have no experience with the ioncube tester, or any download of an ioncube package - and in the new shared server environment would not be able to do an ioncube installation myself.

I found this on the ioncube site:
If encoded files fail to run with run-time loading, you can test this by using the helper PHP script 'ioncube-loader-helper.php' that's included in the Loader download archive.
But could not find these scripts in the more likely downloadable zip files such as
bundler_evaluation_1.2.zip
ioncube_loaders_lin_x86.zip
ipf_evaluation_3.0.zip

Can you point me to where I can find these scripts?

David

• austega
  • austega
12 years 11 months ago #182884 by austega
Managed to find the file at www.pages-and-items.com/faqs/ioncube

Result: The loading of ionCube encoded files is not currently working correctly on this server.
And then
If you do not access to the php.ini file, please follow the run-time loading installation instructions.

But when I click on this instructions link I get a long list of text of which the beginning three lines is as follows:

Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /home/austega/public_html/ioncube-loader-helper.php on line 184 Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/austega/public_html/ioncube-loader-helper.php on line 185 Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/austega/public_html/ioncube-loader-helper.php on line 197 Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/austega/public_html/ioncube-loader-helper.php on line 185 Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/austega/public_html/ioncube-loader-helper.php on line 197 Deprecated: Function ...

• nant
  • nant
12 years 11 months ago #182887 by nant
means that ioncube is in fact not installed on your server.

Ask your helpdesk for assistance.

• austega
  • austega
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #182908 by austega
Thanks Nant.

SEE NEXT POST FOR RESOLUTION
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by austega. Reason: CLARITY

Moderators: beatnantkrileon