Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Unique E-mail

• lochtec
  • lochtec
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #183203 by lochtec
[SOLVED] Unique E-mail was created by lochtec
We have a site with multiple members using the website, and a lot of the families only have one mail address, how do we set up Community Builder to regester multiple users with one mail address so that it does not clash with previous mail registration?
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 11 months ago #183209 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Unique E-mail

lochtec wrote: We have a site with multiple members using the website, and a lot of the families only have one mail address, how do we set up Community Builder to regester multiple users with one mail address so that it does not clash with previous mail registration?

Unfortunately you cannot. The unique email requirement is a Joomla restriction, not a CB one.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #183210 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Re: Unique E-mail
quite a few ISPs allows aliases on the mail address, that might help. Or point the other members to invalid addresses, not a clean solution, but it'll work.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by fribse2011.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

• lochtec
  • lochtec
12 years 10 months ago #185289 by lochtec
Replied by lochtec on topic Re: Unique E-mail
Thank you for the reply, we posted it to the Joomla Forum, but didnt get a helpful response yet, in the past there were people who supplied info on modifying some of the joomla files to just disable the unique mail setting, can you please view the link below and let us know if there is any solution that you might be able to point us to.

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=615&t=679851

Shawn

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #185321 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Unique E-mail
Sorry, we don't support core edits and can not help you regarding this matter. Unique email is a limitation set by Joomla it self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon