Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Plugin to search users?

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #183608 by fribse2011
[SOLVED] Plugin to search users? was created by fribse2011
Is there a plugin that will enable joomla search for users, usernames and other profile data?

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #183610 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Re: Plugin to search users?
Hmm, just found the CB advanced search, but really, 25€ for that, not going to happen, then our users will have to suffice with the existing possibilities. And from what I can see it's a seperate search, not the builtin.

Best regards
Fribse

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by fribse2011.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 10 months ago #183621 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Plugin to search users?
softforge has one but it is not J17 ready yet

• Madan
  • Madan
12 years 10 months ago #183777 by Madan
Replied by Madan on topic Re: Plugin to search users?
Just want to share what I've come across looking for a good search-plugin and re-ask an old question of mine.

I bought CB advanced search and I've got to be honest; It doesn't add anything compared to the search-function already integrated in CB. Their support-team is very, very friendly though. So my advice; save your money for now.

Then my question again:
I'm using CB-conditional plugin for registration with 50-something fields. Users only see a few of these fields depending on what they choose (thanks to conditional-plugin). Problem is this in turn yields a massive amount of search-fields all visible from start. Is there any way or plugin making it possible to search CB-user list with conditions?

This is really a pressing issue for me :(

Thank you all for a very nice forum!

/Daniel

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #183786 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Plugin to search users?

Then my question again:
I'm using CB-conditional plugin for registration with 50-something fields. Users only see a few of these fields depending on what they choose (thanks to conditional-plugin). Problem is this in turn yields a massive amount of search-fields all visible from start. Is there any way or plugin making it possible to search CB-user list with conditions?

CB Conditional doesn't dynamically show/hide search inputs, but is planned for a later release. I've created the below feature ticket for this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3042

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
12 years 6 months ago #196286 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Re: Plugin to search users?
Cool CBsearch by Cool Tech Answers is confirmed compatible with J2.5, and it does the job for a very modest price (€2).

Best regards
Fribse

Moderators: beatnantkrileon