Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Assigning usergroup based on CB field value

• tmoran
  • tmoran
12 years 10 months ago #184720 by tmoran
I'm importing a user database with CBJuice. I am trying to allocate multiple user groups to each user using Auto Actions assigned to a multi select field (which is selecting each value correctly on import). Imported users are confirmed and enabled on import.

Users are only being added to the parent group which is the default.

I suspect my trigger selection is incorrect, however there are so many options and I have simply followed the tutorial, but without success.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18237-assigning-usergroup-based-on-cb-field-value

Any suggestions appreciated.

These are my action settings:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #184756 by krileon
The trigger is for backend new user, but I've no idea if CB Juice fires these triggers or not. I suspect CB Juice is not using the bindSafely and saveSafely functions and doing direct store() of a user which doesn't fire any registration triggers. More or less what you're wanting won't work with a CB Juice import.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• tmoran
  • tmoran
12 years 10 months ago #184805 by tmoran
Is there any way to fire the trigger after import (ie: Sync Users or similar). I have 400+ records and each user has successfully been assigned to their relevant group(s) in my multi select field. I'm trying to find a workaround to having to manually assign each entry individually!

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #184878 by krileon
There is a trigger for the sync tool, but it doesn't provide any user objects so it couldn't be used for this purpose. There's no mass management tool that I am aware of, but you could probably check Joomla.org to see if one exists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• tmoran
  • tmoran
12 years 10 months ago #184953 by tmoran
OK, tried Joomla and investigating ACL Manager but I don't hold out much hope... Unless there is a way to mass save all imported users. That would solve 2 problems.

CBJuice doesn't recognize (or bypasses) CB Privacy and CB Auto Actions settings, so each user needs to be saved after import to apply the Privacy default setting (now invisible) and the Auto Action to assign them their user group(s).

Looks like I'm resigned to importing them late at night and working like crazy to get each user saved before any of them can login and see details they shouldn't!

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #185057 by krileon
I suggest editing your import file and changing the usergroups there then importing. This doesn't resolve your privacy issues however. Without the firing of the appropriate registration trigger CB Juice won't cause any plugins to execute. Perhaps posting issue to below CB Juice forums would provide better results.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/226-cb-juice

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon