Skip to Content Skip to Menu

GJ - Group page layout

• Evopro
  • Evopro
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #184987 by Evopro
GJ - Group page layout was created by Evopro
Hi there (krileon)

Our site use the Groups as the central hub of activity. We really need a much more prominent and visible display of the group - a much more graphic way of presenting it. I have looked into the templates and it seems possible to switch the position of the Description of the group to be above the tabs and still keep the other panes - at least in theory.

This is the current look:

And this is what we much rather would like:

1. Can you please guide me as how to achieve something like this?

2. Would it be possible to add a completely new field with a much richer presentation area for the group user? How?

3. We very much would like to add custom fields to groups - especially one field that would show how much has been contributed (funds committed) so far to a project (group). This would be something the group owner would access and enter/change and would be displayed as a graph or as a progress bar on the group/project page - like the profile progress bar. This could also be in a special tab. How would we do this?

It is relatively easy for someone like me to remove or hide something that is in CSS or php files but to write something completely new into this is almost impossible - it is likely very easy for you guys who know the code and what to place where. I very much would appreciate a quick response - we are on a tight budget and have hard deadlines.

Best Regards
Johan Niklasson
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Evopro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #185060 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ - Group page layout

Can you please guide me as how to achieve something like this?

No, you need to edit your template files and adjust the display as you see fit. Sorry, but we don't provide a design service.

Would it be possible to add a completely new field with a much richer presentation area for the group user? How?

Don't understand, add a new field for what? At any rate no not without a new integration. As for changing the users display yes it's possible as it is also a template file, please see group_users.php.

We very much would like to add custom fields to groups - especially one field that would show how much has been contributed (funds committed) so far to a project (group). This would be something the group owner would access and enter/change and would be displayed as a graph or as a progress bar on the group/project page - like the profile progress bar. This could also be in a special tab. How would we do this?

Adding custom fields is currently not possible without writing a completely new integration. Profile fields of course would never be among those custom fields as Groups are not CB users and have nothing to do with CBs fields. It's planned to allow supplying of custom fields during the editing of categories and groups, but unfortunately have no idea as to when that'll be implemented.

Also if you want the First tab to be a custom description and have HTML you could use the About integration avoiding any form of editing to the templates all together as your group owners could edit the about page and supply a full page description and images if they like. Ensure the about integration is first in CB > Plugin Management and it'll always be the first tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon