Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB workflow questions.

• w2learn
  • w2learn
12 years 10 months ago #185095 by w2learn
CB workflow questions. was created by w2learn
Hi,

Can I setup the following in the workflow operation. if not via configuration options, any pointers on the files/code changes would be helpful

- Email notification to admin, same time confirmation email is sent to user.
(very useful to monitor if "valid" users are not getting confirmation mails)

- How do I "reject" the user registration? Is it not possible from the user-list? Looks like I have go into the users details and then change Approve User to "unapprove".

- Still this rejected user is not removed from database/user-list. Is that expected?

- In user-list what is key diff between 'enabled' and 'approved'? When I approve, it seems to get enabled automatically too.

- Is there way to "push-back" the registration back to user (without rejecting)? e.g we want them to change some fields of the registration form.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #185103 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB workflow questions.

Using incubator project CB Auto Actions and the email action after the registration trigger. Alternatively enable admin approval of registrations.

- How do I "reject" the user registration? Is it not possible from the user-list? Looks like I have go into the users details and then change Approve User to "unapprove".

Enable admin approval of registrations and then you'll need to approve/disapprove registrations as they come.

- Still this rejected user is not removed from database/user-list. Is that expected?

Yes, it disapproves them; it does not delete them. If you deleted them then nothing stops them from re-registering with the same info.

- In user-list what is key diff between 'enabled' and 'approved'? When I approve, it seems to get enabled automatically too.

There's Block, Approval, and Confirmation. If the user is not approved or confirmed then they should be blocked. Blocking them stops them from logging in because Joomla has no approval or confirmation fields, those are specific to CB. Joomla only has Blocked, but CB lets you control all 3.

- Is there way to "push-back" the registration back to user (without rejecting)? e.g we want them to change some fields of the registration form.

No.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• w2learn
  • w2learn
12 years 10 months ago #185108 by w2learn
Replied by w2learn on topic Re: CB workflow questions.

krileon wrote:

Using incubator project CB Auto Actions and the email action after the registration trigger. Alternatively enable admin approval of registrations.

admin approval is already enabled. So, I shouldnt need Auto Actions. Perhaps, this is also a problem with 1.7 as I posted about users not getting confirmation mails. Upgrading to 1.7.1 to see if this works.

Enable admin approval of registrations and then you'll need to approve/disapprove registrations as they come.

Admin approval enabled. I mean there is no "reject" possible from the user-listing page, unlike approve. I've to go into the users details, scroll down to that "Approve User" field and then change it.

Yes, it disapproves them; it does not delete them. If you deleted them then nothing stops them from re-registering with the same info.

There's Block, Approval, and Confirmation. If the user is not approved or confirmed then they should be blocked. Blocking them stops them from logging in because Joomla has no approval or confirmation fields, those are specific to CB. Joomla only has Blocked, but CB lets you control all 3.

No.

Thanks for the quick response.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon