Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Blogs

• raniko
  • raniko
12 years 10 months ago #185153 by raniko
Replied by raniko on topic Re: Blogs
Okay- I see it. Thanks. Not sure if you saw my other questions so Ill re-post them here.

You responded to my 3rd question below with "No, it uses CMS editor"... But for some reason in the email I received it said "No, it uses CMS editor, textarea with html, or textarea without html." If CB Blogs does have the ability to use these three options, where can I choose them?

Configuration->Blogs->Internal->Categories..... This provides a text area for categories to be entered, sepereted by a comma... If the category list is controlled by the CMS, what do the categories entered here do?

... If I must use the CMS editor as it is configured, I think I can switch from tiny mce to JCE... JCE allows you to create multiple editor configurations so that you can assign different user groups different menu options on the editor. Do you have any idea if this would work correctly with CB and CB plugins?

Thanks again for all of your assistance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #185155 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Blogs

You responded to my 3rd question below with "No, it uses CMS editor"... But for some reason in the email I received it said "No, it uses CMS editor, textarea with html, or textarea without html." If CB Blogs does have the ability to use these three options, where can I choose them?

Configuration->Blogs->Internal->Categories..... This provides a text area for categories to be entered, sepereted by a comma... If the category list is controlled by the CMS, what do the categories entered here do?

Replied to in my previous post. Please don't depend on the email contents. I edit my posts often. :)

Do you have any idea if this would work correctly with CB and CB plugins?

Yup, works perfectly fine. For example I can have Authors have a completely different editor then Registered using JCE.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• raniko
  • raniko
12 years 10 months ago #185160 by raniko
Ah. Gotcha. Ill stick to the posts vs the emails. I'll experiment with JCE and see how it goes. Many thanks. I'm sure we'll be in touch soon :).

• raniko
  • raniko
12 years 10 months ago #185168 by raniko
Looks like I'm able to accomplish a lot of what I need by switching editors. I do however, need to be able to remove the "Access" (required) from the front end blog users menu. I'd like to select an access level in the back end for each CB Subs plan or user group and just have all of the users posts be visible to those groups/plans. Can this be done? If not, is there a way to set just one universal access level for everyone but still not have the "Access" option appear on the front end?

Thanks.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #185249 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Blogs

Looks like I'm able to accomplish a lot of what I need by switching editors. I do however, need to be able to remove the "Access" (required) from the front end blog users menu. I'd like to select an access level in the back end for each CB Subs plan or user group and just have all of the users posts be visible to those groups/plans. Can this be done? If not, is there a way to set just one universal access level for everyone but still not have the "Access" option appear on the front end?

Not yet possible. Next release will allow setting defaults which also allows hiding those parameters. Feature ticket already exists for this as follows.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3048

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• raniko
  • raniko
12 years 10 months ago #185258 by raniko
Okay. Is there currently any way to dictate what access levels appear, or is this just based on the access levels that the profile owner belongs too?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon