Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Link members at Registration

• robbiemc
  • robbiemc
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #185206 by robbiemc
Link members at Registration was created by robbiemc
Hi

Just enquiring whether this is possible...?

We are building a community that consists of both individuals and employers and I need some way to link the individual to their employer.

Ideally we would like the individual to identify their employer at the point of registration as the employer may dictate the end subscription fee (using promotions).

Is this possible and is it better to use contacts or group jive...or other?

Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Robbie
YNWA
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by robbiemc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robbiemc
  • robbiemc
12 years 9 months ago #186632 by robbiemc
Replied by robbiemc on topic Re: Link members at Registration
Hi

Has anybody had chance to put some thought to this...?

R

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #186646 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Link members at Registration
No idea, you'd need a drop-down field or something of the sort that has the Employers in it and the Employee would select from that list who their Employer is.

You could also have a database that keeps a list of IDs tied to the Employer then use the CB DB Lookup incubator project to allow users to supply the ID and then match it against that database.

I've no idea how this is going to interact with CBSubs however, suppose you could give employers a limited use coupon or something of the sort or maybe apply a discount based off that employer field (CB DB Lookup field) the user supplies an ID to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon