Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] 2 emails when creating a user

• ag3
  • ag3
12 years 10 months ago #185621 by ag3
Replied by ag3 on topic Re: 2 emails when creating a user
Hi,

Thank's for the reply. I have a question. Where can I set to stored to the delimiter field as non-SEF.

I have do a test and I obtain this on my welcome email :

Hello, your profile url is: <a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=87">index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=87</a>

The second thing is I have a problem with some caracters like this one user=87</a> (see the text below).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #185657 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: 2 emails when creating a user
Known issue on J1.7 when adding users via backend. Please see Nicks proposed workaround below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/183254-joomla-17-duplicate-email-suppression

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ag3
  • ag3
12 years 10 months ago #185659 by ag3
Krileon, this is not my last question. I have now no problem when I create a new user and there is only one email sent.

See my question below, please.

Thank's for the reply. I have a question. Where can I set to stored to the delimiter field as non-SEF.

I have do a test and I obtain this on my welcome email :

Hello, your profile url is: <a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=87">index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=87</a>

The second thing is I have a problem with some caracters like this one user=87</a> (see the text below).

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #185665 by krileon
Welcome and Pending emails don't allow HTML. You'll have to give the full URL. Example as follows.

Hello, your profile url is: [cb:config param="live_site" /]/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=[user_id]

The example provided earlier was for a delimiter field, sorry. The below may also work to dynamically generate the link for you.

Hello, your profile url is: [cb:url location="profile_view" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ag3
  • ag3
12 years 10 months ago #185668 by ag3
Sorry I have try the bought solutions and that's don't work. When I receive the welcome email I have this url www.mydomain.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=91

And me I want an url like this for example : www.mydomain.com/telephone-paris

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #185674 by krileon

Sorry I have try the bought solutions and that's don't work. When I receive the welcome email I have this url www.mydomain.com/index.php?option=com_co...rprofile&user=91

Seams to be missing Itemid, are both URL methods missing Itemid? If so please try the below.

Hello, your profile url is: [cb:config param="live_site" /]/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=[user_id][cb:url location="itemid" /]

And me I want an url like this for example : www.mydomain.com/telephone-paris

I don't think you can. The cleaning is being applied by your SEF extension and not CB so it has no idea how to clean the username to look like that.

Aside from the above I don't know what more to tell you, sorry. Ideally you don't want to send SEF URLs in an email. For example what if the SEFed URL changes? Then the link in the email will always fail.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon