Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Conditional Step by Step

• GTvB
  • GTvB
12 years 10 months ago #185481 by GTvB
CB Conditional Step by Step was created by GTvB
Hello,

I think, I am not able to understand the principle of the step by step registration.

I have ten fields in one Tab called XYZ. All fields are ready for registration. I have switched on CB Capture. When I do nothing, I get the Step 1 for the Capture, and Step 2 for the other 10 fields in the registration form. Now I want to split the 10 fields of Tab XYZ in two steps while registration (Step 2 and step 3). I tried nearly everything ... I need a little help.

GTvB :whistle:

Joomla: 2.5.6
CB: 1.8.1
GJ: 2.5.3 RC1
Kunena: 2.0.1
Website language: German

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #185492 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Conditional Step by Step
A tab is a step. You need to split your 10 fields among multiple tabs. CB Captcha will render on its own tab as it's not a field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• GTvB
  • GTvB
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #185500 by GTvB
Replied by GTvB on topic Re: CB Conditional Step by Step
Sorry once again,

I have a tab called XYZ. All 10 filels are related to the Tab XYZ. I can see the tab XYZ on the Profile.

Now : All ten fields are displayed in a registration Tab Step 2, but they are stored with the relation to tab XYZ.I can't see a tab named Step 2 in the tab management.

Future : 6 Fields should be displayd in a registration tab Step 2 and 4 fields should be displayed in a registration tab Step 3. All 10 fields should be stored with the relation to tab XYZ.

In field management all 10 fields keep their relation to tab XYZ.
What should be the title for the tab ment to be Step 3 ? Step 3 or _REG_STEP3 ?
Do I have to change the title of the fields from varn to _REG_STEP3_varn or something like that ?

I tried several combinations, but it does not work.

GTvB

Joomla: 2.5.6
CB: 1.8.1
GJ: 2.5.3 RC1
Kunena: 2.0.1
Website language: German
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by GTvB.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #185514 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Conditional Step by Step
Again, a Tab is a Step. If you have all 10 fields on 1 Tab then you have all 10 fields on 1 Step. The CB Captcha plugin is not a field, but is a tab so therefor it is also a Step. This gives you a total of 2 steps. What is the issue exactly?

The steps are language strings that you need to define in your language files. Both new and old language string methods are supported. Examples as follows.

CB Teams Plugin File:
'Step 1' => 'New Step Title',

Language File:
define( '_REG_STEP1', 'New Step Title' );

Step by Step is 100% cosmetic. It has nothing to do with storage of the fields on those steps. It simply redesigns the registration display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GTvB

Moderators: beatnantkrileon