Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Customizing CB Registration

12 years 9 months ago #186478 by laptoproadie
Customizing CB Registration was created by laptoproadie
I know that core edits are frowned upon, but I see no other way to achieve what we are going for.

What we want is to customize the error handling on each field. Speficially, in our case, we have a special registration page for only certain users that requires them to have a @lusfiber.net email address. This restriction isn't for the regular registration, just for this special registration. So what we're trying to do is make it so that registration submissions from this page only (that much we can do) require these email addresses.

Problem is we can't find the specific code that handles the error checking on the backend for email, or rather any fields at all. We can't use the built in error checking because it's global and would effect our other registration.

Any information on where this code is would be greatly appreciated. I know code edits are frowned upon, but I see no other option to get two different registration (and possibly more) processes and to make the changes we need.

Thank you very much,
Will

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #186494 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Customizing CB Registration
Can't help you with core edits, sorry. How do you have multiple registrations? CB only has a single registration form. Trying to understand your situation to best suggest a solution. I recommend adding regex validation to the email field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #186670 by laptoproadie
Replied by laptoproadie on topic Re: Customizing CB Registration

krileon wrote: Can't help you with core edits, sorry. How do you have multiple registrations? CB only has a single registration form. Trying to understand your situation to best suggest a solution. I recommend adding regex validation to the email field.

Thanks for your response Krileon. Here is what we are trying to achieve:

All dealing with registration, with what we need is
1) The user is able to select a 'Group', ex. LUSFiber, Chattanooga, Acadia (which represent locations for promotions)
2) Email validation rules based on which group they choose. If they choose LUSFiber, then the email must be @lusfiber.net. If Chattanooga, then @chattanooga.org, etc.
3) Depending on the group selected, a different email is sent out to the user with a different promo code (basically just a different email) .

What we have is a situation where we offer free backup storage in different areas. CB isn't the means in which we charge or even create those backup account, but it is the means we have users sign up and provide them the promo code to create their free backup account.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #186674 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Customizing CB Registration
I see, both can be handled with incubator project CB Auto Actions I believe. First you'll need a redirect action and you'll want to create 1 for each "Group". You'd have a condition check for the group then check using REGEX that the

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sfraise
  • sfraise
12 years 9 months ago #186686 by sfraise
Replied by sfraise on topic Re: Customizing CB Registration
You might want to check out the cb profile pro component, you can build custom registration pages, edit pages, and profile pages as well as have multiple versions without having to hack up the cb core.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon