Skip to Content Skip to Menu

FB connect moving another module

• gingerweb
  • gingerweb
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #186528 by gingerweb
FB connect moving another module was created by gingerweb
This issue is only happening in IE9 (i am on 9.0.8112.16421)

when i turn on the FB connect plugin (1.8 just downloaded) one of my modules in the sidebar moves up underneath the top one. I know its the fb connect plugin that is causing this as when i turn it off (unpublish) the issue goes away.
the Twitter connect does not affect it at all.
this does not happen on FF or Chrome
I am using Joomla 1.5 and CB 1.7
the two attachments show you the issue hopefully.

I have left the FB connect turned on so you can see the issue : www.singlefiguregolfer.co.uk/

the module that is moving up is called mod_roknewspager from www.rockettheme.com/

thanks in advance
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by gingerweb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #186543 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: FB connect moving another module
It's due to your rotating module (Sponsors) having so many Absolute positions styled to it, which aren't working properly in IE9. Why this happens only when FBC is published is beyond me as I see no CSS conflicts and no jQuery errors of any sort. The module doesn't work at all in Chrome. Seams only browser it functions properly in is FF. Please disable this module then review your site for any other problems to ensure is displaying properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• gingerweb
  • gingerweb
12 years 9 months ago #186553 by gingerweb
Replied by gingerweb on topic Re: FB connect moving another module
er ok thanks - the rotating module might be at fault but it works fine unless i turn on the facebook connect plugin none the less.
Also it does indeed work on two pc's here on Chrome and also Safari too. Just seems to be IE. I have asked the author of the rotating module to have a look at it for me too as this is way above my head! :silly:

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #186571 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: FB connect moving another module
Does anything else on your site have display issues when FBC is enabled with that module disabled? I've no idea what the conflict could be as there's no errors and none of FBC CSS is being applied to the module. Perhaps is a conflict between Facebooks external libraries that are loaded in from Facebook.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• gingerweb
  • gingerweb
12 years 9 months ago #186574 by gingerweb
Replied by gingerweb on topic Re: FB connect moving another module
No everything else is fine, it's a bit of a mystery !

Moderators: beatnantkrileon