Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User Status: ONLINE as long as Browser Open

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #186767 by krileon

we are trying some kind of Pop-Up Notification, when user wants to close Browser -> then gets reminder that he has to logg out.

You can't halt browser close action. You can use a JS pop-up (alert( 'MESSAGE HERE' );) to halt closing of a browser tab, but a lot of browsers block them or it will simply just frustrate the user (I would never return to a site that did that). Most often such practices are classified as spam and considered bad practice. I highly advise against using such methods.

If you want to log the user out on browser close you should develop some sort of plugin, extension, etc.. that uses JS to detect window close and performs a quick AJAX to a URL of your plugin, extension, etc.. that logs the user out automatically.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon