Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Two CB Component in the same J1.7 installation

• DiPiers
  • DiPiers
12 years 9 months ago #186771 by DiPiers
Hi All, I would like to use 2 CB in a Joomla installation but:
- the 1st component will be used to manage users (normal way)
- the 2nd component will be used to manage "Products" (I know that there are many form components or market components like Virtuemart, but I want CB ;) )

Is there any way to have two installation of CB (for example modifying prefix in the tabs? i.e. one component will have "aaaa.comprofiler" and the second one will have "bbbb.comprofiler").

Please, help me, I really need something like this.

The second component will have to be divided from the Joomla Users manager, if possible.

Another possibility could be to have two different type of registration.
I.e.: I want to register one or more product (/following CB_Conditional parameters) but to do this I have be at least a registered user.
It is like a second registration, after a first one (mandatory).

Can someone advise me in this sense?

Happy new Year!

Thanks
Diego

Joomla 1.7.3
CB 1.7.1 Stable
Seblod 2.0 GA
Akeeba Backup & Tools

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #186778 by krileon
You can not install CB twice on the same installation, they would conflict with one another. It would require 100% refactoring of class names, function names, database tables, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• DiPiers
  • DiPiers
12 years 9 months ago #186787 by DiPiers
Hi Krileon, thank you very much for your fast answer!

Any suggestion to make something like this?

Thanks,
Diego

Joomla 1.7.3
CB 1.7.1 Stable
Seblod 2.0 GA
Akeeba Backup & Tools

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #186790 by krileon
Well for #2 you really should be using a component designed for it. VirtueMart is likely your best bet or you may want to check Joomla.org extension directory for any other eCommerce store solutions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• DiPiers
  • DiPiers
12 years 9 months ago #186791 by DiPiers
I had a look but:
- Virtuemart doesn't allow users to insert products (there is a new function but nowhere is explained how it works)
- SobiPro is nice but hasn't conditional parameters for ads and is really rigid

I don't know if is correct, but can you have a look here? forge.joomlapolis.com/boards/61/topics/1858

Maybe I can try to solve the problem through cb_database_lookup_field_plugin allowing people to register "more than one time" with some rules.
In this case I will have more different lists based on some parameters.

Joomla 1.7.3
CB 1.7.1 Stable
Seblod 2.0 GA
Akeeba Backup & Tools

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #186917 by krileon
You can't have CB installed twice, there's no getting around that without massive refactor to its source. Nor can users register twice with duplicate username/email as those must be unique (Joomla limitation). One of the two products seams fine for what you're needing. VirtueMart as far as I am aware allows users to add products, but not sure if that holds true with VirtueMart 2.x which just recently released. Perhaps try asking on their forums would provide better answer in that regard.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon