Skip to Content Skip to Menu

captcha re-generate and audio playback issue

• ellare
  • ellare
12 years 9 months ago #186838 by ellare
(( also posted in general "captcha" forum))

Is there a way for a user to "regenerate" the captcha image if they cannot determine what is automatically rendered? Am I just missing that option in a parameter setting ?

I am on a joomla 1.5.23 site with CB Captcha version 2.4

Also - the audio playback is not working for me. I am only given the "click to externally play or download sound file" option - Is that normal? That doesn't seem very user friendly. And even if I do choose to save-n-play - the audio file plays the "army version" {{NATO phonetic alphabet}} of the letters generated in the captcha...

so for "fwzzca" - the audio file states "foxtrot whiskey zulu zulu charlie alpha". I would want to include some kind of instruction to the user about how to "decode" the "army-speak" {{ which is the NATO phonetic alphabet }}.

thanks
LrG

I can provide site and user access if needed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #186914 by krileon

Is there a way for a user to "regenerate" the captcha image if they cannot determine what is automatically rendered? Am I just missing that option in a parameter setting ?

Other then reloading the page, nope.

Also - the audio playback is not working for me. I am only given the "click to externally play or download sound file" option - Is that normal? That doesn't seem very user friendly. And even if I do choose to save-n-play - the audio file plays the "army version" {{NATO phonetic alphabet}} of the letters generated in the captcha...

Hmm, believe it depends on quicktime being available or not? Otherwise it'd have to download to play.

so for "fwzzca" - the audio file states "foxtrot whiskey zulu zulu charlie alpha". I would want to include some kind of instruction to the user about how to "decode" the "army-speak" {{ which is the NATO phonetic alphabet }}.

Working as intended. You're welcome to supply your own audio for the letters though. You can find the audio files at the below location. There's generally several available to download around the web as well.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/audio/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon