Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Font or Text Box color change

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #187202 by AcE Kustoms
[SOLVED] Font or Text Box color change was created by AcE Kustoms
:S For the life of me I can't find the text color code in the Template files, my prob is and I've seen it posted after I searched the subject but the solution didn't seem to help or I did it in the wrong spot (No expert here).. Managed to get everything working the way I wld like but once you try to edit your profile the text color and background color are the same and so it seems is the text box input area aswell, now I've nearly changed anything that had a white hex code to a black hex code trying to find what is bothering me but alas still cant find it, I tested it on another site template which suggests that some of the issue lays in the template I want to use but have tried adjusting that also to no avail, is there something easily enough done in CB to simply change a text colour or input box background color, really frustrating me atm because I've spent a good week getting myself happy with the rest of the sites functioning but this is still illuding me, have done it no probs with other templates before but can't find where the heck it is atm for probably what is my own fault...Any help or suggestions would be appreciated...Have included a pic of the area that's annoying me, I do have a flash styled background with multiple backgrounds sliding by that will have various colurs so I really need black text in input areas. :(

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #187241 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Font or Text Box color change
The problem is with your Joomla template, please contact the template developer for further support as they're changing input styles (and apparently the inputs text to white). CB doesn't style them so their default black is always used unless template restyles it. At any rate CBs template files can be found below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/

To confirm simply switch to Joomla default template and confirm if issue persists or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AcE Kustoms

12 years 9 months ago #187338 by AcE Kustoms
Replied by AcE Kustoms on topic Re: Font or Text Box color change
Thanks krileon, I did change it to another template and it did work fine so I was assuming it may just be a template issue but thought there may be an easy way to change text color within CB itself- so off to the template designer I go because it is one I'd like to get working but at least know how to go about fixing it if worse comes to worse, will go back and dig through some more CSS or see if I can find a similar template design I like, cheers for the quick response and advice :)

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #187391 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Font or Text Box color change
A good tool to have is Firebug for Firefox, you could right click and Inspect Element and it'll give you exact locations of where the inputs CSS is coming from. Google offers some developer tools as well (noticed you're using Chrome), but they're no where near the usability and functionality of Firebug for Firefox.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon