Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Search result pages layout

• bhesketh
  • bhesketh
12 years 9 months ago #187277 by bhesketh
Search result pages layout was created by bhesketh
Hi
On a user listing page if someone clicks the advanced search and searches using some criteria, the resulting page URL contains all of the parameters from the search (most blank) and any values that have been entered by the user.

This makes the ability to *know* the URL impossible and doesn't provide a way to define it as a menu link so you can subsequently apply modules to the results page. For example, on my site after performing an advanced search on a userlist page, my side modules disappear because my modules do not show up "on all pages" - only the pages I have selected in the module manager - where I am unable to select variations of the search results page because the URL is different every time.

How can I define search result pages using a menu link such that I can select which modules to include on the page? Is there a wildcard option/idea?

Please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #187293 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Search result pages layout
The URLs to a userlist are provided at the top of a userlist while editing the list in Userlist Management. Simply copy those URLs to an External Joomla menu link (remove live_site, should begin with index.php). On J1.5 you can also link directly to a userlist via Internal menu link by creating a new community builder userlist link. On J1.7 the menu parameters don't work so you can only link to the default userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• bhesketh
  • bhesketh
12 years 9 months ago #187294 by bhesketh
Replied by bhesketh on topic Re: Search result pages layout
Okay so in J1.7/CB 1.7.1 you are unable to control modules visibility on *any* "search results" page. Only default lists. Time to get creative I guess.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #187298 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Search result pages layout
The userlist should still have an Itemid. Create a Joomla menu link to the default CB userlist and that Itemid I believe should append to all the userlists. It's best to setup the site with SEF disabled so you're able to see such variables in the URLs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon