Skip to Content Skip to Menu

sesion data

• astier
  • astier
12 years 9 months ago #187332 by astier
sesion data was created by astier
Hi!
I need to know what file processes user´s info everytime a user logs in. I need to handle the sesion data on my site.
I checked with firebug and according to it there should be a file domain.com/component/comprofiler/login.html but there is no "component" folder, only one "components" (plurarl) and it has not any "comprofiler" folder on it.

Can you help me?

thxs!

Astier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #187392 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: sesion data
Could you be more specific about what you're needing to do? Run a query, etc.. Reason being is I get the feeling you want to edit core code, which we do not support and would void your support (we would no longer help you) and can likely be done with say CB Auto Actions using the after login trigger. At any rate everything on frontend is passed through CBs frontend which is comprofiler.php.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• astier
  • astier
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #187395 by astier
Replied by astier on topic Re: sesion data

Reason being is I get the feeling you want to edit core code, which we do not support and would void your support (we would no longer help you)

No, no. I am not trying to do anything with CB core code. The thing is as follows:
On my site I am using a component called "ads factory" where users can post ads selling stuff (books in this case).
This component has not the "buy now" button so I am trying to make it.
I am not a coder but a brother of mine is helping and he says that in order to make this button to perform some actions (like sending a mail to the buyer)it needs to read the sesion data.

Ads factory and in fact my entire joomla site uses de CB login module so that is why I ask it here!

Of course if you want I can give you admin credentials to both my site and test site and even an ftp account for you to check everything I am doing is ok.

Hope it is ok!

thanks,
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by astier.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #187416 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: sesion data
Ah, I see. CB uses Joomlas session. So you can use Joomla API or CB API to get the users session (either/or will work). Information on using Joomlas session API can be found below.

docs.joomla.org/JFactory/getSession
docs.joomla.org/JSession

Not sure why session data is needed though. Typically you just use a $user object and that gives you the users email, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• astier
  • astier
12 years 9 months ago #187418 by astier
Replied by astier on topic Re: sesion data
OK, I will give this to the guy who is trying to help.

Not sure why session data is needed though. Typically you just use a $user object and that gives you the users email, etc..

This could be a great data.

Thnks!!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon