Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs PAP integration

• basidee
  • basidee
12 years 9 months ago #187511 by basidee
CBSubs PAP integration was created by basidee
CBSubs documentation makes reference to a PAP for Joomla. What does that mean? Is there a Joomla-specific version of PAP? Is it talking about the 3rd party PAP module offered by priacta.com, which is not 1.6/1.7 compatible?

The same goes for iDevAffiliate. Is there a way for Joomla 1.7 users to use these programs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #187585 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs PAP integration
What it does is adds commissions for affiliates when a purchase is made in CBSubs. For example an affiliate has their own affiliate URL. Say it's placed on their website and someone clicks it to go to your website. When that someone makes a purchase the affiliate will be given commission for that purchase. Currently through PAP integration in CBSubs 1.2.2 is broken for anything but on-site payments (PayPal for example won't register commission) and is fixed for next release, but if absolutely needed please contact us directly and we'll see about providing a beta build of the CBSubs PAP plugin for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• basidee
  • basidee
12 years 9 months ago #187605 by basidee
Replied by basidee on topic Re: CBSubs PAP integration
Sorry, but you did not answer my question. It is really about installation and configuration.

The CBSubs documentation says concerning PAP Integration plugin "If you do not have the Post Affiliate Pro system (for Joomla) installed on your website, then there is no need to proceed with the installation of this integration plugin." It is also says the exact same thing about iDev Affiliate.

My question is: what is meant by "for Joomla"? Do these affiliate systems have versions specifically for Joomla or is it referring to the Joomla plugins I see on their websites? Does it mean CBSubs cannot integrate without these Joomla plugins?

Meanwhile, Joomla plugins for both affiliate programs have not been updated to 1.6/1.7

In the absence of these plugins is it still possible to integrate properly?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #187608 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs PAP integration
You need a working PAP and/or iDevAffiliate installation before you can use the integration. It does not provide those for you and both are commercial solutions. Both are external to Joomla hosted by you or hosted by the affiliate system provider (PAP/iDEV). You don't need the Joomla plugins for them. The Joomla plugin simple creates Joomla users as affiliates, which I guess if you want that then you need to contact them, but it's not needed for CBSubs integrations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon