Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Cant add new field.

• joomlajak
  • joomlajak
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #188668 by joomlajak
[SOLVED] Cant add new field. was created by joomlajak
Hey there!

i have the same issue to a user from a thread a couple of weeks ago - when I click new field I get:

"The website encountered an error while retrieving www.mywebsite.com/administrator/index.php . It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request."

I've tried turning off plugins but doesn't make any difference.

i was previously able to create fields.

any help you be appreciated.

thanks Jak
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by nant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #188676 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Cant add new field.
What was changed/installed after when you last could create fields? CB plugins don't disable on Field Management to allow for fieldtypes to function properly. It requires completely uninstalling them if it's causing a problem. I recommend reviewing what was recently installed/changed that could cause this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• joomlajak
  • joomlajak
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #188678 by joomlajak
Replied by joomlajak on topic Re: Cant add new field.
Thanks for that super-fast reply - awesome!

there's a few plugs gone in - mostly your ones, plus "Community Builder Profile Pro" and "cb-adv-search" (but those are components)

I need both of them though.

What the process - I'm a little unsure exactly what your asking me to do - do I uninstall everything :( to identify if there is a problem with the installed components - and if i do find one of these has caused the issue what happens then?

bit scared as the both comps are already hugely built into the site.

thanks! Jak
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by joomlajak. Reason: typo

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #188680 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will see if I can trace it back to a single plugin. Yes, you need to do uninstalls. Disabling a plugin does nothing for Field Management as it still loads them to keep fieldtype plugins functional.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• joomlajak
  • joomlajak
12 years 9 months ago #188682 by joomlajak
Replied by joomlajak on topic Re: Cant add new field.
Man, this support is mind blowing! major thanks! - have PM'ed you the details.

awesome! Jak

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #188685 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and the issue is due to the below fatal error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class getCBPlayer in components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbplayer/cbplayer.plugin.php on line 235

This is due to the 3rd party installed plugin plug_cbplayer (CB Player or CB Player Advanced, don't know which). I recommend uninstalling and seeing if issue is then resolved. My guess is you aren't supposed to have 2 versions installed at once maybe? Perhaps uninstalling both and re-installing only 1 will result in it functioning?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon