Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Changes to how cbsecuritym3

• sfraise
  • sfraise
12 years 8 months ago #190838 by sfraise
Replied by sfraise on topic Re: Changes to how cbsecuritym3
I need the form to load in a modal window from any page fired by a link in the cb login module, like I mentioned before I built the same thing on an older version (1.2.3) and it worked fine.

I could load the actual form into the modal window as an iframe and bypass the need to rebuild the form inline, but the problem I run into doing that is I have it set to auto-login on submit and redirect the parent page to the profile, and using an iframe method the parent page remains logged out and I don't know of a good way of logging the parent page in from the iframe. I could possibly set up a curl script to get around this but it seems like at that point it's just being way overthought.

I hate to hack up the core for this, if we knew what's changed in how the reg validates from version 1.2.3 to version 1.7.1 we would at least have an idea of what to look for. I'm running under the assumption here that the m3 is what's causing the validation problem, but maybe it's not, maybe there's something else that's been added since that older version that's causing it to fail? I know the cbrasit is good, so if there's nothing else that would cause this then we know for sure it's the m3 code. If we're positive the m3 is the problem then we need to figure out why using the exact usage that works in the actual reg from in cb doesn't work from the modal window which is just loading code built at the bottom of the mod_cblogin.php file.

Now the way I understand it, the main cog in the wheel here is the secret word, which in this case is registerForm as validated by looking in the comprofiler.php file on line 979. So if we're using the exact usage and the secret word is correct, and we know the api is being called in full, what are we left with that would cause this to fail?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sfraise
  • sfraise
12 years 8 months ago #190844 by sfraise
Replied by sfraise on topic Re: Changes to how cbsecuritym3
Ok...
So I wiped it and rebuilt it from scratch and the dumb thing works so go figure.
Still not sure where the problem was before lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon