Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs "Call for Pricing" Subscription Plan Price

12 years 8 months ago #190529 by jimmoeller
I have a CBSubs subscription plan for which I don't want to list a specific price. This "full membership" subscription plan price is ultimately variable and is typically determined via direction discussions / negotiations with the subscriber. I have CBSubs set up to offer two subscription plans...one a free lifetime subscription (with limited access to the Website resources) and then this full membership plan where the price is negotiable. The idea here is that a user registering on the site would register as a free user and then, after calling and negotiating and paying a subscription price, the user would be upgraded manually via a moderator/administrator through the back-end.

Is there a way for me to set up a CBSubs subscription plan that shows a price as "Call for Pricing" during the registration process?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #190596 by krileon
Yes and no, but you should be able to just use the Offline Payment gateway then maybe have them use a donation plan to pay the amount you tell them at which point you can pay their offline basket from backend to activate their subscription.

Note the offline payment gateway instructions can instruct them to call for pricing. Then you can on the presentation tab of your plans change the Pricing display to "Call for pricing".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by krileon.

12 years 8 months ago #190789 by jimmoeller
This is almost what I need. Changing the Pricing display in the presentation tab of the plan to "Call for pricing." looks to work well.

However, under the "Subscriptions" tab of the users profile, the renewal button behaves as if the plan has a fixed price. I.E. if the user clicks on the renewal button on this profile subscriptions tab then it starts a transaction for the fee amount that is entered into the plan configuration....and doesn't somehow indicate that the user must call to renew.

Also, it doesn't look like specific payment gateways can be defined for certain types of plans. In my example, I'd certainly like to have the Full Member (i.e. my "call for pricing") plan always use the off-line "call for pricing" gateway. But I'm also planning on having other intermediate, partial member, plans that are of fixed price. With those partial member plans we will be using Paypal and all the fixed pricing and payment gateways should work as defined. If a user selects the full-member plan will they get an option on check-out to select either the off-line call-for-pricing payment gateway or the paypal payment gateway? How can I equate my intermediate (fixed price) plans with only the paypal gateway and equate my full-member plan with only the call-for-pricing gateway? Or while maybe both payment gateways are presented as options on check-out, is there a way to prohibit the fixed-price plans from using the off-line call-for-pricing gateway and likewise prohibit the full-member plan from using the paypal gateway?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 8 months ago #190936 by krileon

However, under the "Subscriptions" tab of the users profile, the renewal button behaves as if the plan has a fixed price. I.E. if the user clicks on the renewal button on this profile subscriptions tab then it starts a transaction for the fee amount that is entered into the plan configuration....and doesn't somehow indicate that the user must call to renew.

You may want to disable renewals. You can also change the item text on the Pricing tab and perhaps that'll help. Aside from that not much more to advise as CBSubs has no implemented usage for call for pricing.

Also, it doesn't look like specific payment gateways can be defined for certain types of plans.

It's not complete but the "Owner" parameter can be used for exactly this. For example set the gateways "Owner" to 1 and set the plans "Owner" to 1 and only that plan can use that gateway, but it also can't use other gateways such as those set to owner of 0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon